Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-06-02, 17:05)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 12:31)nonob Wrote: Anyway, i've just discovered this thread about "Advanced Emulator Launcher" and if i'm right, it is a AL's fork.

Your are right. AEL started as an AL's fork. Now, it has grown and diverged from AL a lot.

(2017-06-02, 12:31)nonob Wrote: Making some research, i also read about "Rom Collection Browser" and "Internet Archive ROM Launcher".

You forgot Advanced MAME Launcher and HyperLauncher Wink There is also another launcher called Featherence Emu but I haven't tried it yet.

(2017-06-02, 12:31)nonob Wrote: 1-Is it normal that my advanced launcher continue to work ? What shouldn't be working with Kodi 17 ?

I believe the main problem of Advanced Launcher regarding Kodi 17 was some handling of the addon URLs. Some people have reported that AL didn't work at all in Kodi 17 but it seems not to be the case. Anyway, I kept using AL until a year ago and currently I do not use it anymore not have it installed, so there's not much I can tell you.

(2017-06-02, 12:31)nonob Wrote: 2-Should i use advanced emulator launcher instead ?

That's up to you. If you are happy with AL and it works well keep using it. AEL offers much more features than AL. You can have both of them installed on your system so it's perfectly fine to try AEL whilst you use AL regularly.

(2017-06-02, 12:31)nonob Wrote: 3-Can AEL launch PC game as well ?

Of course. AEL is a general launcher like AL and can launch any application. On Windows, LNK files are also supported. AEL also supports Kodi Retroplayer.

(2017-06-02, 12:31)nonob Wrote: 4-About Rom Collection browser : is it always maintened ? Whats the difference between RCB and AL/AEL ? Which should i use ?

RCB has not been developed from over a couple of years. Some months ago Malte (RCB main developer) did a small maintenance release to patch some problems with Kodi 17.

Again, the launcher plugin you use is up to you. Here are some guidelines:

1) AEL started as a fork of AL. Eventually, it has grown a lot and incorporated some features from RCB. I myself was a user of AL and RCB and grown tired of both so AEL combines the best of both with additional features.

2) Advanced MAME Launcher is perfect if you want to use MAME. It is also very easy to setup.

3) IARL is good because it has preloaded lists of ROMs and those ROMs can be downloaded on the fly from the Internet Archive. In AEL/AML/AL/RCB, you need to have the ROMs in your disk.

4) HyperLauncher is perfect if you are a HyperSpin user and want to have a version of HyperSpin running on Kodi. It is difficult to setup, though.

Having said that, nothing prevents you from having two or more launcher plugins installed in your box so you can try all of them until you find one or several you like best.

(2017-06-02, 12:31)nonob Wrote: 6-About Internet Archive ROM Launcher. If i'm right it is different as it include emulator to run games inside Kodi interface, but it can't launch PC games, isn't it ?

IARL is mainly designed for Kodi Retroplayer. Kodi will integrate the Retroarch cores in Kodi 18 Leia so you will be able to play ROMs as if they were movies or MP3 files. Additionally, you can configure external emulators on IARL (mainly Retroarch).

(2017-06-02, 12:31)nonob Wrote: Thanks for your explanations Smile

You are welcomed.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your explanations. It is more clear now and i will test your launcher and others you talked me about.

Bye Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by nonob - 2017-06-04, 21:29
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12