• 71(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Had a hard time finding an answer to my question in the forums. When using the Advanced Emulator Launcher and after entering in the name of the launcher, the name is too long and is cut off using the Thumb view. Has anyone else experienced this or point me in the right direction?

Example:

"Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands" only shows "Prince of Persia: The Forgotten"
(see screenshot in link)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2doVZ...Fk2OW5YMms
(2017-08-09, 18:22)ehammer85 Wrote: Had a hard time finding an answer to my question in the forums. When using the Advanced Emulator Launcher and after entering in the name of the launcher, the name is too long and is cut off using the Thumb view. Has anyone else experienced this or point me in the right direction?

Example:

"Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands" only shows "Prince of Persia: The Forgotten"
(see screenshot in link)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2doVZ...Fk2OW5YMms

What skin are you using? I think that is a skin problem rather than an AEL problem. If you use Estuary AEL MOD skin does it work correctly?
Wintermute0110,

Thank you for this awesome software, it works great. I have all my launchers setup except for the Wii. For some reason, only the Wii launcher won't scan in. I have permission and the file extensions set up right (no random spaces or anything). Any recommendations on my issue? I posted the error log below. Thank you for your help!! FYI I have tried the 9.6, 9.6 beta and github development versions.

07:23:27.569 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : _roms_import_roms() Starting ROM scanner ...
07:23:27.569 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : Launcher name "Wii"
07:23:27.569 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : launcher ID "000c48146c93f562ddae6f1b69d3037c"
07:23:27.569 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : ROM path "E:\Emulators & ROMS\ROMS\WII\"
07:23:27.569 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : ROM ext "wad|iso"
07:23:27.569 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : Platform "Nintendo Wii"
07:23:27.569 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : Report file OP "special://profile/addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\reports\roms_root_category_Wii_000c48_report.txt"
07:23:27.569 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : Report file P "C:\Users\Method007\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\reports\roms_root_category_Wii_000c48_report.txt"
07:23:27.575 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : Launcher ROM database contain 1 items
07:23:27.576 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : No duplicated asset dirs found
07:23:27.576 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : Removing dead ROMs ...
07:23:27.669 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : No dead ROMs found
07:23:27.669 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : Scanning files in E:\Emulators & ROMS\ROMS\WII\
07:23:27.669 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : Recursive scan activated
07:23:27.995 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : Found 470 files
07:23:27.996 T:28200 ERROR: AEL INFO : ROM does not belong to a multidisc set.
07:23:29.109 T:28200 ERROR: Previous line repeats 56 times.
07:23:29.109 T:28200 ERROR: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code
07:23:29.119 T:28200 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfc' in position 63: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Method007\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 39, in <module>
main.Main().run_plugin()
File "C:\Users\Method007\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 236, in run_plugin
self.run_protected(command, args)
File "C:\Users\Method007\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 329, in run_protected
self._command_add_roms(args['launID'][0])
File "C:\Users\Method007\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 2078, in _command_add_roms
self._roms_import_roms(launcher)
File "C:\Users\Method007\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 7852, in _roms_import_roms
report_fobj.write('>>> {0}\n'.format(ROM.getPath()))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfc' in position 63: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2017-08-13, 14:25)Method007 Wrote: Wintermute0110,

Thank you for this awesome software, it works great. I have all my launchers setup except for the Wii. For some reason, only the Wii launcher won't scan in. I have permission and the file extensions set up right (no random spaces or anything). Any recommendations on my issue? I posted the error log below. Thank you for your help!! FYI I have tried the 9.6, 9.6 beta and github development versions.

Hi,

The problem is because one or several of the ROM names in the Wii launcher has non-ascii characters. Currently AEL in Github is very unstable cos I am adding new features. Fix is easy but it's going to take some time. In the mean time you can locate Wii ROMs with non-ascii characters and rename them.
(2017-08-13, 15:23)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-08-13, 14:25)Method007 Wrote: Wintermute0110,

Hi,

The problem is because one or several of the ROM names in the Wii launcher has non-ascii characters. Currently AEL in Github is very unstable cos I am adding new features. Fix is easy but it's going to take some time. In the mean time you can locate Wii ROMs with non-ascii characters and rename them.

WOW THANK YOU. After looking up what non-ascii characters were, I was able to find the offending file in minutes! Everything works great now! Thanks again!
Hi,

Well thanks for answers!!

I still have that problem :

Code:
20:40:05.976 T:4140   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'image_name' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Salon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 39, in <module>
                                                main.Main().run_plugin()
                                              File "C:\Users\Salon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 248, in run_plugin
                                                with SingleInstance(): self.run_protected(args)
                                              File "C:\Users\Salon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 333, in run_protected
                                                self._command_add_roms(args['launID'][0])
                                              File "C:\Users\Salon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 2061, in _command_add_roms
                                                self._roms_import_roms(launcher)
                                              File "C:\Users\Salon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 7731, in _roms_import_roms
                                                romdata     = self._roms_process_scanned_ROM(launcherID, ROM)
                                              File "C:\Users\Salon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 7985, in _roms_process_scanned_ROM
                                                romdata[A.key] = self._roms_scrap_asset(asset_kind, local_asset_list[i], ROM, launcher)
                                              File "C:\Users\Salon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 8132, in _roms_scrap_asset
                                                log_debug('{0} scraper: user chose local image "{1}"'.format(image_name, image_url))
                                            NameError: global name 'image_name' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

It is not when using "Rescan from local" but when adding news roms. I chose to use the scrapper Mobygames, solution by "loktar" using Arcadedb gaves no errors, but scrapper is..... empty..
My experience with AEL shows that only MobyGames works well as an internet scrapper.... but not efficient due to that error!

Woud be very plesant that you solve it Smile))
(2017-08-17, 20:47)ibanana Wrote: Hi,

Well thanks for answers!!

I still have that problem :

It is not when using "Rescan from local" but when adding news roms. I chose to use the scrapper Mobygames, solution by "loktar" using Arcadedb gaves no errors, but scrapper is..... empty..
My experience with AEL shows that only MobyGames works well as an internet scrapper.... but not efficient due to that error!

Woud be very plesant that you solve it Smile))

Thanks a lot for your report, it is very useful. The fix is easy but currently I'm in the process of refactoring the scrapers for 0.9.7. Now you choose one scraper in the settings and the ROM scanner scrapes all the assets supported by the scraper. In 0.9.7 you will select the scraper for each asset so all supported assets will be scraped using different scrapers. Also I'm working on other exciting features like automatic launcher configuration including complete artwork with XML files. Doing all this it's going to take a while. Please wait until 0.9.7-beta1 is released.
:p Looks good!

An idea about the lauching date?
I get an error if I try to edit artwork or metadata for a Windows application game launcher. Anyone experienced this?
(2017-08-18, 18:35)ibanana Wrote: :p Looks good!

An idea about the lauching date?

I'm going to be very busy until mid October. At current development pace I would guess 0.9.7 will be out around the end of October. Maybe I will release a beta in September.
(2017-08-19, 15:28)mack4999 Wrote: I get an error if I try to edit artwork or metadata for a Windows application game launcher. Anyone experienced this?

Can you provide a debug log? An also what AEL version are you using?
(2017-08-20, 10:43)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-08-19, 15:28)mack4999 Wrote: I get an error if I try to edit artwork or metadata for a Windows application game launcher. Anyone experienced this?

I get this error too!

Here´s the log:

https://pastebin.com/jEkM6F0E

Using: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition, Kodi Leia and AEL version 0.9.7 ALPHA.

I have 2 Categories: Arcades, Emulators,
And 2 LaunchersTongueinball Games and Windows Games

The only Category that I cannot change metadatas and assets/artwork is Emulators.

Cheers
(2017-08-20, 14:36)sagrath Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 10:43)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

I get this error too!

Here´s the log:

https://pastebin.com/jEkM6F0E

Using: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition, Kodi Leia and AEL version 0.9.7 ALPHA.

I have 2 Categories: Arcades, Emulators,
And 2 LaunchersTongueinball Games and Windows Games

The only Category that I cannot change metadatas and assets/artwork is Emulators.

Cheers

Please update to latest Github version and try again.
Will do thanks. It was 0.9.7.1 alpha I believe
am i missing something

using the ael matrix view but the trailers are not showing

they are in the trailers folder and extension is mp4 and named exactly as the game

version 0.9.6
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12