Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-11-19, 09:58)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-11-17, 20:14)Drt1989 Wrote: Hi - Is it possible to advise on the argument required to run PS1 games using the ePSXe Emulator on windows?

Use Arguments:

-loadbin "$roms$" -nogui

Why you don't use Retroarch? Mednafen PSX core works great. Here you have a XML configuration file you can load in AEL settings, "I/O tab", "Import category/launcher configuration". Change <application>, <args>, <ROM_path>, and <ROM_asset_path> paths to suit your needs. If you make a mistake you can edit the XML and reimport.

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
<launcher>
<name>PlayStation (Retroarch)</name>
<platform>Sony PlayStation</platform>
<application>E:/Retroarch/retroarch.exe</application>
<args>-L E:/Retroarch/cores/mednafen_psx_libretro.so -f -v &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>
<ROM_path>E:/AEL-ROMs/sony-psx/</ROM_path>
<ROM_ext>cue|iso|m3u</ROM_ext>
<ROM_asset_path>E:/AEL-assets/sony-psx</ROM_asset_path>
</launcher>
</advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
(2017-11-17, 20:14)Drt1989 Wrote: Also if it helps to make .LNK for Steam games;

Go to your steam.exe, right click, send to Desktop (Create Shortcut)

Now go into Steam Store, locate the game you need to link to For example - http://store.steampowered.com/app/552990..._Warships/ and make a note of the app ID - which in this case is 552990

Now right click on your new Steam shortcut on the desktop. Add - applaunch number after the end " so it looks like: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 552990 (the number being whatever the number is for your game)

Click Apply.

This will correctly launch the games .exe via steam. 

This is the corerct way to get the .lnk to work

By default steam creates its own shortcuts to games as .url

Thanks. Maybe somebody will find this info useful.
(2017-11-17, 20:14)Drt1989 Wrote: Another note -

How to I get AEL to scrape for artwork. I can do it manually, but can't figure out how to do it Automatically - to scrape online?
EDIT - I had to correctly setup AEL, then removed the launcher, re-added and it re-scrapped the games.

I should note that I've turned this on via the Addon on settings but it doesn't scrape.

Read AEL Metadata and Asset scrapers demistified. After reading, if you have questions feel free to ask. 
Thanks,

I've normally used EMU's on Android, and haven't come across RetroArch until finding your Plugin.

I think I shall use it, I was just so use to ePSXe as it works very well.  But I'll definitely check out retro arch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Drt1989 - 2017-11-19, 12:13
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12