Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2018-02-16, 10:06)Wintermute0110 Wrote: On the contrary man! I am glad Aeon MQ will get AEL support! MQ is a top-of-the-class and fine skin. The more skins that support AEL, the better for the plugin and retrogame lovers.

Also, Kodi Leia will have the Games section (like Movies, Music, etc.) but no games database. It is not clear at this stage, but probably AEL will migrate from a progam addon to a games addon. Once Kodi get the games DB, presumably for Kodi M***, then Aeon MQ will be prepared because the views for AEL will be exactly the views required by the Games section once the Games DB is working.

At the moment I did not any changes in AEL for Leia, but I will once the first beta is released. Currently if you install the development version you have to dowload the game addons separately, introduce the Konami code, etc., too complicated.I think it's easier to configure Retroarch as an external emulator, but hopefully that will change once Leia Beta 1 is released. 

This is a awesome news!

I've been trying to make things works with AEL and MQ skin. So far I've got the skin to display beyond the poster and fanart, logos and screenshots for categories, launchers and games. For metadata, so far all metadata are displayed, including logo of the study of the game in the footer of the skin. I also had success with widgets in the home skin, where it shows rece games played, games more played and favorites.

And taking advantage of the topic, I would suggest a change if possible:

When we are going to manually enter metadata for some category / launcher / game we perform the steps:
1- Open the context menu
2- Select "Edit category / launcher / game"
3- Select "Edit matadata / Assets Artwork"
4- Select some item
5 - We change and save
6- All it's close, and to change another metadata, we have to repeat steps 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Is it possible to change this behavior so that when we change and save the item, the selection list returns to the last selected menu and we can select another item to change?

And I'm working on the arts. It will take a little longer than I expected, the reason is that the images I had previously made are out of the standard size of 1000x1500 (currently they are with 422x645). I particularly find a little overkill 1000x1500 hahahaha, but I'm redoing it.

I hope I can contribute even more with the addon to make it the best possible for everyone.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by sagrath - 2018-02-16, 13:22
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12