• 92(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hello, to report a bug , I upgraded to 0.97 beta 2 , if you dont have all the folders that plugin creates flyers, maps ,etc, the plugin fails in the scan new roms in the auto form, i added all the neccesary folders and the scan new option worked again. Other issue is that the scrappers arent the default option in the assets selection and they have to be set manually.
(2018-02-24, 23:40)jaimeerp Wrote: Hello, to report a bug , I upgraded to 0.97 beta 2 , if you dont have all the folders that plugin creates flyers, maps ,etc, the plugin fails in the scan new roms in the auto form, i added all the neccesary folders and the scan new option worked again.
Does the same thing happen in 0.9.7 (not in the beta version)? Also, can you try branch release-0.9.8 from Github (it has some bugfixes).

(2018-02-24, 23:40)jaimeerp Wrote: Other issue is that the scrappers arent the default option in the assets selection and they have to be set manually.
That is on purpose. By default AEL uses the offline scraper and searchers for local artwork only. Users are encouraged to download artwork collections and discouraged to use the scrapers, particularly for big collections.
(2018-02-23, 22:37)ciskohansen Wrote: I do not understand that red message on screen, any idea?

Well I think it is a problem with the core, tomorrow I will try with a different one.
  Go to to the launcher. Execute it and get the error. Then, open the context menu, "View Launcher", and select "View last execution output". You will see the output of the launcher command (what the command writes to the console if you execute it from a terminal. Even if you don't see the terminal it is still there and in Linux and iOS AEL is able to record this output for later inspection).

Do you see any error in there? In addition, you can include the -v argument in Retroarch so Retroarch will print more debug information about what's going on that may be useful to track your problem.
Hey guys. I am working on getting as much support for different types of launchers/applications on different OSes. I am mostly busy on Android but now I need some help for other systems and launchers.

So, for those who have Steam running on Linux and/or OSX: Can you start a game with the "steam://rungameid/<GAME-ID>"?
Under windows it opens up the game through Steam rightaway with that single command. I want to know if that works on Linux or OSX also, or that you need some more commands/arguments.

For those who are using Moonlight on Android: Does anybody know the correct activity and intents? I am trying with the 'com.limelight/.Game' activity without success.
And then for those who are using Moonlight with the Chrome app: Does anybody know a way of triggering a game directly in the chrome app?

All help is welcome. Thanks
In version 0.9.7 it happens too, i upgrade from 0.9.6  to 0.9.7 beta 1 y 2 to 0.9.7. I will wait for release 0.9.8 to prove it again.
Hi.

FYI - Jurialmunkey recently added AEL support to Aura and I want to install AEL.

I have a hyperspin setup that I am afraid of breaking and want to install AEL and use Kodi as a launcher. I would like to have dual setup: hyperspin and AEL. How do I go about having all the artwork in a different location than hyperspin and link AEL to grab the ROMS from my Hyperspin setup?

I hope my request makes sense

Thanks
(2018-03-01, 20:35)jaimeerp Wrote: In version 0.9.7 it happens too, i upgrade from 0.9.6  to 0.9.7 beta 1 y 2 to 0.9.7. I will wait for release 0.9.8 to prove it again.
OK. Will fix this ASAP. Currently doing a lot of work on AML and once AML 0.9.4 is out I will focus on AEL 0.9.8 and 0.10.0. There are some cool features being coded in AML I have to port into AEL, like automatic Fanart generation from other pieces of artwork with configurable XML templates.
(2018-03-12, 02:12)Edworld Wrote: Hi.

FYI - Jurialmunkey recently added AEL support to Aura and I want to install AEL.

I have a hyperspin setup that I am afraid of breaking and want to install AEL and use Kodi as a launcher. I would like to have dual setup: hyperspin and AEL. How do I go about having all the artwork in a different location than hyperspin and link AEL to grab the ROMS from my Hyperspin setup?

I hope my request makes sense

Thanks
That's excellent news! Now I'm in USA for a meeting and after coming back to Japan next week I will give Aura a try.

It's perfectly possible to have both Hyperspin and AEL coexisting on the same installation. I recommend you use XML files to do your configuration (have a look into the AEL asset library for examples). With XML files is easy to change things and update AEL configuration very quickly. Work with your favourite system first (SNES, Genesis, etc.) and once is working as you want then create new configs for other platforms by copying and editing the XML files.

You can choose to have the same ROM path in Hyperspin and AEL, and separate artwork directories OR common ROM and artwork directories. Note that AEL by default does not do any online scraping so unless you change the defaults it will never overwrite any piece of artwork. Artwork will be only overwritten if you configure the ROM scanner to force online scrapping even if the local artwork exists, or if you use the ROM context menu to scrape artwork.

Let me know if you have any trouble or need help. Also, it will be very useful to hear the opinions of an Hyperspin user, the pros and cons of both AEL and Hyperspin, etc. My intention is to make AEL as good as any other frontend and if there is a feature in Hyperspin you miss and want to see it in AEL please tell me.
Dear developers,
I must admit i have no technical knowledge whatsoever about this add-on.
But the option to start windows applications triggered me.
What i would like to do is start the Windows 10 Netflix app from within Kodi on the same system.
I know Netflix will never have a native Kodi app but i thought this could be a nice alternative.
Is that possible?
(2018-03-31, 17:38)joostzilla Wrote: Dear developers,
I must admit i have no technical knowledge whatsoever about this add-on.
But the option to start windows applications triggered me.
What i would like to do is start the Windows 10 Netflix app from within Kodi on the same system.
I know Netflix will never have a native Kodi app but i thought this could be a nice alternative.
Is that possible?
Then you can celebrate.

Here's the Netflix addon link for Kodi.

Netflix Addon

Works perfectly, use daily. You need to save a .DLL in the correct folder. If you need help, you can contact me via PM that I can help.

Cheers
That is very good news. :-)
If i need help i will pm you.

Thanks for the great tip
Hi mate.

You can add/open Windows 10 apps using AEL.

On Windows,

You need to find the " shell:AppsFolder "  file path, copy/paste shell:AppsFolder  into Windows explorer address bar.
Right Click and make a Shortcut of the Netflix App.
Should also make a Folder for your Windows 10 apps Shortcuts.

On Kodi,

Load up AEL and Create a new Category "Windows 10 Apps"
In "Windows 10 Apps" Category - Make a Standalone Launcher 
Select the launcher application - Find folder of your Windows 10 Apps Shortcuts. Select Netflix.lnk
Set Title of Launcher - Netflix
Application Arguments - I leave blank
Select the Platform - Unknown

Hopefully this helps.
Anyone aware of any alsa problems?

Hence, I did install this addon, launching retroarch, or ROMS directly with retroarch, and I did not get any sound.
I think Kodi is locking the alsa-device and therefore blocking sound from retroarch.

Any solution for this? Using pulseaudio is not a option as I've read it does not support all audio-formats with passthrough.
(2018-04-10, 10:46)Vantskruv Wrote: Anyone aware of any alsa problems?

Hence, I did install this addon, launching retroarch, or ROMS directly with retroarch, and I did not get any sound.
I think Kodi is locking the alsa-device and therefore blocking sound from retroarch.

Any solution for this? Using pulseaudio is not a option as I've read it does not support all audio-formats with passthrough.
 Yes! Kodi lock the sound if you use determined option on sound settings. I don't remember what setting is (on work right now), but it's quite simple to resolve: Set an option on sound settings in Kodi and launch a rom with retroarch from AEL, if the sound is muted, exit retroarch, go back to kodi settings e select other setting. Repeat until get sound on retroarch.

Cheers
(2018-04-10, 16:02)sagrath Wrote:
(2018-04-10, 10:46)Vantskruv Wrote: Anyone aware of any alsa problems?

Yes! Kodi lock the sound if you use determined option on sound settings. I don't remember what setting is (on work right now), but it's quite simple to resolve: Set an option on sound settings and launch a rom, if the sound is muted, exit retroarch, go back to settings e select other setting. Repeat until get sound on retroarch.

Cheers  

I'm not aware of such option in Retroarch, but I recomend you (Vantskruv) try it first.

ALSA by default allows mixing (several apps accessing the same sound card) for analog devices, but not for digital ones. For example, if you are using HDMI (a digital device) to output your sound, then you have to create a dmix plug in your .alsarc configuration file. Please google a bit, there are many tutorials out there (in particular, check the Archlinux wiki is always useful). ALSA configuration may be painful but in the end you can get any result you want. For example, if you have a 5.1 audio system, you can create a virtual sound card for your emus and tell ALSA to output left and right channels to the left/right speakers, respectively, then mix both right and left for the central speaker, and apply a low pass filter for the subwoofer, all at the same time you are watching a 5.1 movie in Kodi with audio passthrough. OR, you may want the virtual sound card to output left/right sound only in the left/right front speakers, to create a more retro experience.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12