• 109(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Not quite, you're starting an activity from an app. That means you have to specify the activity that's been programmed in the app:

Sanshiro Yabause is called org.uoyabause.uranus but the action to start an emulator is org.uoyabause.android.Yabause
Retroarch is called com.retroarch but the action to start an emulator is .browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

Every app is different and every app needs different arguments! It's like when I'm saying retroarch.exe -startNES -ROM %file% or yabause.exe -goemulator -FILE %rom%.
You can't just drop in replacements like you did, you have to check what arguments every emulator needs. The best way would be to search around or check the XML files from chrisism

You should use the first example I've given which would come out as:
start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%rom%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/[CORE .so FILE] -e CONFIGFILE [retroarch settings folder]/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
Hi there

first I've to say, great work!
I'm using AEL since a few days, and it works really good to start RetroArch with the selected ROM (OS is Win10).

But I've one question, which is going more to RetroArch, but maybe someone can help me.
After selecting the ROM RetroArch is starting - no problem.
But if I want to quit the game I select "close content" and I see the RetroArch menu.
It is possible to completely quit RetroArch with "close content"?
Or another way to go directly back to Kodi?

Thanks for a suggestion :-)
Kodi 19.3 Intel NUC7I3BNH [Kaby Lake i3-7100U/HD620 graphics] | Windows 10 - 21H2 [1920x1080/60Hz]
LG OLED65G19 | Yamaha V4A AV-Receiver
Hi so this is exactly the add-on I need and it nearly works, it finds the Lnks and populates the directory, and they all launch with no issues, but it wont scrape Artworks at all, just gives a notification "No Artwork Found" - I'm running 18 Leia, as using the Netflix Add-on, I tried 17.6 previously and had the same issue, I thought maybe updating to 18 would magically fix my issue, is there a specific option, config to use when using Lnks for PC games? BTW these are common games like Arkham Knight, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Moto GP, etc... I've confirmed they are indeed on Moby Games & The Games DB, and the add-on seems to connect, it starts the Scraping Process and goes through the Games 1 by 1, but fails to download anything at all.
Nevermind, finally found a part of this thread that indicates a API change so things are currently Broken, waiting on next release.
I tried using the retroplayer cores, but reverted back to the .emu emulators by Robert Broglia because I like them better.

I have one issue though, which is really why I tried retroplayer at all: I cannot get them to launch directly to the rom anymore. It just launches to the main app screen.

This used to work, but I guess something changed in android 8 Oreo?

This is the line I'm using to launch SNES roms:
Code:
/system/bin/am start -n com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus/com.imagine.BaseActivity --user 0 -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%ROM_PATH%"

but instead of launching the Uri/rom it just goes to the main screen.

Do I have to provide something else, or has something changed in the way they interpret command line arguments perhaps? This is the line I find all over the web, but it won't work anymore... Sad
Tried contacting the dev, but no response unfortunately.
@filigran Why you don't use the official Retorarch for Android? A few post earlier some user posted a working configuration and you have some more configurations for Android on the AEL Asset Library.
(2019-01-23, 11:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @filigran Why you don't use the official Retorarch for Android? A few post earlier some user posted a working configuration and you have some more configurations for Android on the AEL Asset Library.
 Yeah, I know, and I've tried it. But I find it less smooth than the .emu emulators. Image is a little choppy (NES, not sure which core I used atm), and the UI is extremely clunky. Old habits I guess. Smile
Probably something that can be fixed with settings for retroarch.

I guess I will have to get used to it, because getting the .emu apps to work seems to be a lost cause.

Found this line, same thing, goes to main menu:
Code:
am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n
com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus/com.imagine.BaseActivity
-d "file://{file.path}"
and that was posted just 12 days ago.. perhaps it's something with my setup/root/whatever..
I tried your suggestion; using retroarch.

Not the easiest task though. Smile

0.9.7 doesn't work with the Shield (the os.system launching thingie).

Found in the forums I should use "0.9.8", but that link gives me a 404.

Found chrisisms post to download https://github.com/chrisism/plugin.progr...positories instead. That gives me a "global name 'ROM' is not defined", and no roms added to the launcher, probably due to the 0.10.0 changes.

So, I solved it like this, for future reference for anyone else running a Shield TV on Oreo 8.1:
Code:
1. Install the 0.9.7 official version
2. Edit /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py (i use Mobaxterm to connect to my Shield through SSH, then edit it that way, adb is an alternative (there are other guides for that)).
3. Find line 7487: "elif sys.platform.startswith('linux'):"
4. Edit line 7490 and remove the hash and the blank space after ("# ") to uncomment it. Make sure it lines up with everything else indentation wise (hence removing the blank space too, python might be picky), this line: os.system('"{0}" {1}'.format(application, arguments).encode('utf-8'))
5. Comment out the lines starting from 7495 to 7503 (everything in the "new way of doing things" block)
6. Save file and make sure it's uploaded to the shield if edited remotely.
7. Add your launcher as usual, using the line posted in the assets (https://github.com/Wintermute0110/AEL-asset-library/blob/master/Launchers%20XML%20Android/NES%20-%20Retroarch%20(Android).xml - substitute your core and what not, of course) and retroarch should launch.

Now to the other task: making retroarch do things my way. Smile

Keep up the great work guys, AEL is awesome, and 0.10.0 will probably be even better once finished! Smile

PS: if someone knows why my .emu launchers won't work using the old approach, please let me know. Wink DS.
is this addon compatible with Estuary MOD V2?
is this project still under development ?
I don't see any commit in the github since 2 months  Sad
Wintermute0110 is the dev he just posted here 2 days ago and has mentioned he is still working on it and that he was gone for the holidays
(2019-01-24, 20:35)ErAzOr2k Wrote: is this addon compatible with Estuary MOD V2?

AEL is compatible with all skins. However, if a skin supports AEL you will get more metadata and artwork displayed (AEL specific views), that's is.
(2019-01-25, 13:17)denseye Wrote: is this project still under development ?
I don't see any commit in the github since 2 months  Sad

Project is under development. Development time, though, strongly depends on my free time and how real life goes. AEL 0.10.0 is somewhat behind schedule but it is under way.
Hi Wintermute, I'm looking to change the text in my parent/clone from "x clones" to "x games" for aesthetic purposes. Can you point me to what code I'd need to change to do this? I don't  update often, so I wouldn't mind doing this manually.
(2019-01-08, 23:34)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2019-01-08, 18:01)mechevarria Wrote: I am curious if Advanced Emulator Launcher is able to launch a PDF viewer (manuals) similar to the HyperLauncher Plugin. To show along with all the other artwork

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...erlauncher
At the moment no. However, Advanced MAME Launcher includes a PDF reader that is able to read PDF files composed of scanned images. I will port the feature from AML to AEL ASAP. 
Wow, really? Nice!
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12