Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
I tried your suggestion; using retroarch.

Not the easiest task though. Smile

0.9.7 doesn't work with the Shield (the os.system launching thingie).

Found in the forums I should use "0.9.8", but that link gives me a 404.

Found chrisisms post to download https://github.com/chrisism/plugin.progr...positories instead. That gives me a "global name 'ROM' is not defined", and no roms added to the launcher, probably due to the 0.10.0 changes.

So, I solved it like this, for future reference for anyone else running a Shield TV on Oreo 8.1:
Code:
1. Install the 0.9.7 official version
2. Edit /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py (i use Mobaxterm to connect to my Shield through SSH, then edit it that way, adb is an alternative (there are other guides for that)).
3. Find line 7487: "elif sys.platform.startswith('linux'):"
4. Edit line 7490 and remove the hash and the blank space after ("# ") to uncomment it. Make sure it lines up with everything else indentation wise (hence removing the blank space too, python might be picky), this line: os.system('"{0}" {1}'.format(application, arguments).encode('utf-8'))
5. Comment out the lines starting from 7495 to 7503 (everything in the "new way of doing things" block)
6. Save file and make sure it's uploaded to the shield if edited remotely.
7. Add your launcher as usual, using the line posted in the assets (https://github.com/Wintermute0110/AEL-asset-library/blob/master/Launchers%20XML%20Android/NES%20-%20Retroarch%20(Android).xml - substitute your core and what not, of course) and retroarch should launch.

Now to the other task: making retroarch do things my way. Smile

Keep up the great work guys, AEL is awesome, and 0.10.0 will probably be even better once finished! Smile

PS: if someone knows why my .emu launchers won't work using the old approach, please let me know. Wink DS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by filigran - 2019-01-23, 13:28
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12