Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2019-04-02, 17:05)Steel99 Wrote: I know it is more a skin question, but in the skin thread i did not get an answer yet.....

Aeon MQ8 has support for AEL now. Does anyone use this skin and has managed to get AEL working as expected? I mean setting up AEL games as widget with artwork or something....

....i couldn't find a way to set this up so far .....

Thanks.

I installed Aeon NOX MQ8 to do some tests.

This is how a launcher looks like. This view is displaying the plot metadata and the Poster, Clearlogo and Fanart. By the way, there is a bug in the skin, the width of the list items is wrong.

I'm now using the Right List view in a ROM launcher.

Almost all AEL metadata is displayed. For artwork, Icon (mapped to Boxfront), Clearlogo and Fanart are shown.

If you press Left Arrow the view displays the plot and the Snap.

You can use the Matrix view in Estuary AEL to show all the artwork and metadata AEL has, to test your setup. Note how the Boxfront/Cabinet is mapped into the standard Kodi type Icon.

To test if the artwork is correctly setup you have 2 options:

1) Open a Launcher or ROM context menu, and then go to "Edit assets". You should be able to see the assets in the select dialog.

2) Open a Launcher or ROM context menu, go to "View", and then "Display Launcher/ROM data". You will see the raw database entry AEL uses. Look for the fields named s_*, for example, s_boxfront, s_title, etc., and check that they point to the PNG/JPG files.

If you need help then you will need to describe what you are doing exactly. If there is some step you don't understand I will update the documentation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-04-02, 18:41
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12