Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2019-04-14, 16:52)EdenEvoX Wrote: Hey "Wintermute0110" a big thank you for this addon - works perfectly and I am looking to edit my current theme to support boxart and videos. Do you have a guide or any tips on how to do this?

I'm currently using an xbox one theme created by Toyota12303 located here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=167601 < based on Xperience 1080

First I recommend you to install skins that already support AEL: Estuary AEL, Lyrebird, Aura, ... So you can get ideas and inspiration.

Second, download the code of the XBox skin and put it in Github. It is worth to learn how to use git, it will save a lot of problems in the future and will keep track of your changes.

Third, start by creating a copy of a current view in the skin and then modify that copy little by little.

Fourth, have a look a the code of Estuary AEL in Github. The code has a lot of comments and has been designed to be easy to read and understand (and not to be optimum).

Skinning is an art in itself and takes a lot of time, but the results could be very satisfactory. Good luck. Also, I recommend you open a thread for your skin so people can report problems or propose suggestions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-04-15, 11:03
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12