Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2019-09-03, 13:52)loktar Wrote: Tested the latest version on github (commit 199b953) and ScreenScraper worked with playstation chd files except for multi disk files. An "error computing file checksums" warning shows with a yes and no options but the scraper stops for the multi disk game no matter what option is choosed. Here is the log link http://ix.io/1U9v

Thanks for reporting, I totally forgot about MultiDisc ROMs (I don't use them myself). I will try to fix this on Thursday.

About the YES/NO dialog: when an scraper finds an error, for example a network connection error, whatever, the error is shown to the user with a YES/NO dialog that autocloses after one minute and then the scanner continues. The reason to use a YES/NO dialog is that is has the autoclose feature. The YES dialog does not have this feature (I have to tell the core developers to implement it for Matrix). The reason to use the autoclose feature is for unattended scanners. For example, if you have a launcher with 3000 ROMs it will take well 10 hours to scrape everything using ScreenScraper, and likely you will let the scanner work overnight. With the autoclose feature, any error is displayed and the scanner continues. Without the autoclose feature, the YES dialog will stay open forever until next day you press YES and the scanner continues.

Also, each scraper has an internal counter of errors. When the scraper finds 5 errors it autodisables itself, this is to not bug the user with error messages if the network gets down or the scraper site is KO or there is a bug in AEL scanner. In this case, erase all the ROMs for the launcher and rescan again. The already-scraped ROM info will be in the scraper cache, so the scanner will continue in the ROM it stopped previously. Also, I recommend you use the "Local images + Scrapers" Asset scan policy always, otherwise you will force the re-download of the images you already have.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-09-03, 14:18
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12