Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2019-10-07, 19:25)akafox Wrote: 1. Works! Except that the number still shows on the AEL menu from the home screen.

2. Speaking from there...How do I delete the launchers from that menu item? I have deleted the launcher from the main ael addon but the launcher is still on the home -> AEL -> launchers. Then when rebuilding the launcher within the AEL addon..everything is fine...when I back out to the home screen and try to launch from the AEL menu item it warns me that this item is not found (I would think that it just needs to be updated or replaced..but i can not figure out how to do that).

Doumouarigatogozaimasu! This addon is wonderful thank you for your hard work!

Regarding point 2: there is no need to delete the whole launcher and reimport the XML file again. If you want to change the ROMs go to the launcher context menu, then "Manage ROMs" and then select the option to delete all ROMs. With the launcher empty of items, open AEL settings from the context menu and check the settings that affect the scanner are like you want. Finally scan your ROMs to add them to the launcher with new settings.

If your skin supports widgets (launchers in the home screen) then Kodi creates a cache with the contents of the Launcher. For example, if you use skin Estuary AEL, Kodi calls AEL at boot time to fill the contents of the categories and launchers in the home screen. Then, if you go to AEL and make some changes in your launchers these changes will not update the home screen immediately. Note that Kodi or the skin must call AEL again to re-read the changes. This is something that is done by Kodi or the skin and is beyond my control. I'm not sure how frequently Kodi refreshes the contents of widgets or what rules follow to do that.

As a general rule, configure the categories/launchers always inside AEL, make sure everything is like you want and ignore things outside AEL (like launchers in the home screen). Then, reboot Kodi to force an update of all widgets and menus outside AEL. Note that if you delete a Launcher and create a new one, even if the Launcher is the same and has a new name, however it will have a different ID and for AEL is a different Launcher. Probably you will need to delete the old widget in the home screen and create a new widget to point to the new launcher.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-10-08, 08:47
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12