Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2019-11-18, 20:18)Buff Wrote: Apologies if this is documented somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I've added a few launchers for various games systems and the titles of each game show up fine (as they use the rom name) - however, roms for Mame are named slightly differently and therefore show as for instance "bublbobl" rather than Bubble Bobble. Other than renaming all either within Kodi or each rom file, is there a quicker way of doing this? I have a Mame xml file with all games info on it, but can't see how to import it. Import ROMs metadate from NFO files under Edit Launcher>Manage Roms doesn't seem to work, unless I have this file incorrectly named or placed.

DO NOT RENAME THE MAME ROM ZIP FILES. If you do so MAME wont' find them and you won't be able to play your games. To set the correct name for your MAME ROMs do the following:

1) Create you MAME launcher. I recommend you use an XML file to set up the options. Ensure that the Launcher has the correct Platform name MAME.

2) Before the ROM scanning, open AEL settings. In the ROM Scrapping tab set the Metadata scan policy to Scrapers and set the MAME metadata scraper to AEL Offline. In the ROM scanner tab make sure that "Ignore Scrapped Titles (use ROM filenames" option is OFF (LOL, I realized there is a typo, Scrapped must be Scraped). This option must be ON for No-Intro ROMs but OFF for MAME/arcade ROMs. With the option OFF, the scraper will use the scraper Title (the proper machine name) instead of the ROM filename.

3) Rescan your MAME launcher. If you already have the launcher populated, open the Edit Launcher context menu, go to Manage ROMs, and click on "Clear ROMs from launcher". All the ROMs will be deleted from AEL database so the scanner will pick them up and scrape again. Do not worry about clearing your launcher ROMs, AEL NEVER deletes any user ROM ZIP, no matter what.

Finally, I strongly recommend that if you are a MAME fan you try Advanced MAME Launcher. It is perfectly fine to have both AEL and AML installed on the same Kodi box. I am thinking in a way to extend the interaction of AML and AEL, for example, you can use AML as a general MAME browser and a sophisticated MAME game filter like ROMLister and then export your favourite MAME games into AEL easily. If you have any feedback or idea let me know.

(2019-11-18, 20:18)Buff Wrote: Also, does anyone know the correct arguments to get games using Supermodel (Sega AM3) to launch successfully?

Here you have the Supermodel documentation. You need to pass the full ROM path.

Code:
<application>E:/Emulators/Supermodel/Supermodel.exe</application>
<args>&quot;$rom$&quot; -fullscreen</args>
<ROM_path>E:/path/to/your/supermodel/ROMs/</ROM_path>
<ROM_ext>zip</ROM_ext>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-11-19, 11:15
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12