Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2019-12-05, 22:49)Zastava Wrote: Thank you so much for the reply and explanation. That sounds like a great idea for future 0.10.0 release.
Can you tell me more regarding using a Kodi profile and special protocol? I confess that I read and tried using before special protocol together with sources, but got a little lost and didn't had effect on the relative art assets. I'm interested in trying that solution with a Kodi profile and let you know how it goes. How can I do it with a Kodi profile?

First have a look here. special://home in Linux points to directory /home/kodi/.kodi/ if your user name is kodi. Inside special://home you have the following:

Code:
$ ls -l /home/kodi/.kodi/
total 28
drwxr-xr-x addons
drwxr-xr-x media
drwxr-xr-x system
drwxr-xr-x temp
drwxr-xr-x userdata

addons is the directory where the addons are installed (Python source code for addons or XML files for skins, etc.). userdata is the directory where your user main profile is located. For example, addons store their data in subdirectories inside userdata.

OK, the first time you have to do is to find the directory pointed by special://home in your portable setup. Once you have located it, create a directory named for example AEL-assets. Then, place your assets:

Code:
/home/kodi/.kodi/AEL-assets/megadrive/icon.png
/home/kodi/.kodi/AEL-assets/megadrive/fanart.png

And then in AEL use the following:

Code:
special://home/AEL-assets/megadrive/icon.png
special://home/AEL-assets/megadrive/fanart.png

Note that Kodi accepts / as directory separator on both Unix and Windows.

I know this is not the best explanation in the world and also keep in mind that I'm sailing blind, I've never used a portable Kodi installation. However, I think this should work at least for launcher artwork. For ROMs artwork I'm not so sure at the moment. If you have more questions please ask.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-12-07, 15:16
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12