Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2020-03-24, 12:22)dmakk Wrote:
(2020-03-24, 10:15)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2020-03-24, 07:10)dmakk Wrote: I just installed the update, and I assume the 1G1R mode is what allowed me to click on a parent and view the parent and all of the clones, because the PCLONE mode just launches the parent. Is this mode or some substitute coming back at some point, or is it permanently gone? I personally used the 1G1R mode to treat parents like game collection, and I'd have the games in a series listed as clones. It'd be pretty disappointing if that functionality stays gone.

Fear nothing, in my setup I also use this feature a lot (I have a full No-Intro ROM set more or less complete in PCLONE mode). The PCLONE and the 1G1R display modes were identical, the only difference being that if you were in 1G1R mode and you click on a game the game launched. In 1G1R mode, to access the clones you had to use the context menu. In PCLONE mode, on the other hand, if you click on a parent you entered the list of clones and from there you can launch either the parent or the clones. What I have done is to eliminate the PCLONE mode and renamed 1G1R to PCLONE mode. This way AEL and AML unifies behavior. The reason to do this is to simplify the addon a bit because most people using the PCLONE mode will want to launch the parent ROM and occasionally have a look a the clones I think. Also, if you want to fully browse your collection you can temporarily set the launcher to FLAT mode and see al the ROMs in one list.

Ok, I was confused. I used the PCLONE mode that was eliminated from the current version of AEL. Is this something that could be added back as a menu option for PCLONE mode behavior? In the meantime, I'll just revert back to 0.9.8.

If you desperately need the feature I can bring it back. I though people will like this change because AML users have not complained. Just to be clear:

a) In current PCLONE mode, when you click on a ROM you want it to be launched or enter the PCLONE group?

b) Do you frequently change between former PCLONE and 1G1R modes?

c) Do you want to roll back to old behaviour or do you think it is better to keep things as they are now and create a new setting "Launch parent in PCLONE display mode" If this setting is ON parent will be launched and the PCLONE group can be entered with the context menu. If the setting is OFF then when you click on the parent you enter the PCLONE group and you can launch ROMs from there. In both cases the context menu "Show clone ROMs" in the Parent ROM will be there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2020-03-24, 12:35
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12