Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2020-06-02, 22:32)AlphaUMi Wrote: Hello! My setup with AEL is almost done... but how am I supposed to install the AEL-asset-library in Kodi 18? I've downloaded the zip from GitHub, but I get an error when trying to import (structure not recognized). Can I have help?

The AEL Asset Library contains resources to use with AEL. There are 3 types of resources: 1) artwork for your categories and launchers, 2) Metadata NFO files for you categories/launchers, 3) XML emulator configurations.

To use the library I recommend to place in a directory where Kodi can find it easily (you set a source to where the library is located). At the same time, it should be easy for you to modify it. For example, I have my AEL Asset Library on the Linux Ubuntu HTPC and I connect using SSH to make modifications to the XML files. Then, if you create your launchers using the wizard, you can use the context menu to load the launcher icon, fanart, poster, etc. This is tedious if you have many launchers. Another way to use the library is by looking at the XML launcher configuration files. Using the XML files, you can set up your launchers and load the assets at launcher creation time. You import the XML files in the Utilities menu. Depending on your setup you may need to change a bit the XML files, for example, to set the ROM path, etc. There is one folder with example XML files, and those include a lot of documentation. If you have specific questions feel free to ask.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2020-06-04, 07:29
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12