• 145(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2021-06-08, 17:48)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 16:01)Buff Wrote: Hi, I did originally have it lower case and changed it to see if it works - changed it back and still no luck, but I believe the log is now different - link below.

Out of interest, is there a utility you know of to convert to RVZ?  Just seen I can do this from within Dolphin - converted a couple of games, scanned them into AEL and play fine. No iso files though - I'll convert the rest, but thought you might still like to know in case it is more than just my system.

OK... the problem seems to be that you get a crash so the scanner never finishes so the database with ISO images is never written. The problematic filename is:
Code:
J:\My Games\Gamecube\Games\Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes (USA) (Disc 1)\Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes (Disc 1).iso

The problem is that AEL tries to extract the disc number tag from both the directory name and the file name. I will fix this tomorrow.
(2021-06-08, 16:01)Buff Wrote: Is there a preferred list of skins - the list on the first post would seem a bit out of date - that are good at showing games through AEL?

To be honest I don't know, I always use Estuary AEL. I always keep installed all Kodi skins and from time to time have a look at them and test how AEL looks on them. In many cases, however, the best skins are mods made by users so you will need to search the forum. Unfortunately, may superb skins have disappeared due to lack of maintenance and hence incompatibility with recent versions of Kodi, for example Mimic (Rufoo's version) or Cirrus Extended come to my mind. mechevarria recently posted in this thread an updated version of Arctic Zephyr with AEL support. In any case, when I had time I will update the list in the first post. I think the main problem here is that most skinners are not retrogamers and hence do not have much interest in supporting AEL or any other gaming addons.
Many thanks on both. I did see the Arctic Zephyr mod, will take a look. I've preferred an Aeon skin over the years, so hopeful there might be a mod with AEL support. They look ok in Aeon Silvo but not many view options.

Thanks for helping with this though, happy we've got the Gamecube games back on Kodi - now to add a few more systems!
(2021-06-08, 18:33)Buff Wrote: Many thanks on both. I did see the Arctic Zephyr mod, will take a look. I've preferred an Aeon skin over the years, so hopeful there might be a mod with AEL support. They look ok in Aeon Silvo but not many view options.

Thanks for helping with this though, happy we've got the Gamecube games back on Kodi - now to add a few more systems!

The multidisc problem is fixed now. Actually the cause was a Python 2/3 incompatibility.

The Aeon series of skins are great but unfortunately the support for program addons views is very poor. Aeon MQ however has good AEL support.
(2021-06-09, 10:28)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 18:33)Buff Wrote: Many thanks on both. I did see the Arctic Zephyr mod, will take a look. I've preferred an Aeon skin over the years, so hopeful there might be a mod with AEL support. They look ok in Aeon Silvo but not many view options.

The multidisc problem is fixed now. Actually the cause was a Python 2/3 incompatibility.

The Aeon series of skins are great but unfortunately the support for program addons views is very poor. Aeon MQ however has good AEL support.
Yep, just switched last night back to Aeon MQ 8 (Matrix Mod) whilst waiting for MQ9 to come out - looks better except I can't get fanart to show, will have to investigate further.

Cheers
For anyone wanting good skin support, the Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection Mod is actively being maintained for Kodi 19. It has all the work I had done for AEL and has alot of fixes and simpler install as well. I closed my repo and I am now using this skin.
(2021-06-11, 03:56)mechevarria Wrote: For anyone wanting good skin support, the Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection Mod is actively being maintained for Kodi 19. It has all the work I had done for AEL and has alot of fixes and simpler install as well. I closed my repo and I am now using this skin.

I have updated the table with skin info in the first post.
(2021-06-11, 13:07)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-06-11, 03:56)mechevarria Wrote: For anyone wanting good skin support, the Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection Mod is actively being maintained for Kodi 19. It has all the work I had done for AEL and has alot of fixes and simpler install as well. I closed my repo and I am now using this skin.

I have updated the table with skin info in the first post.
Thanks both - I'll take a look at this mod
New AEL release 0.9.10

This AEL release fixes some bugs and introduces a few new features like scraping all ROM assets at once from the context menu. Codewise a lot of things have changed in order to facilitate the Python 3 conversion. For a full list of features and bug fixes have a look at the changelog.txt file below.

Upgrading from 0.9.9 to 0.9.10

Follow these steps:

1. Install 0.9.10.

2. Upgrade your database with Utilities, Check/Update all databases. It is safe to execute Check/Update all databases at any time.

3. Done!

Advanced Emulator Launcher | version 0.9.10 | 22 June 2021

Code:
NOTE     Python 2 version for Leia/Krypon in branch release-0.9.x-python2
         Have a look at AML code to ease the conversion.

FEATURE  Create file misc.py and refactor utils.py. Copy structure from AML.
         Replace Kodi dialog functions with wrapper functions to facilitate the transition
         to Python 3. For example, eliminate all the .decode('utf-8') functions or
         at least as much as possible.

FEATURE  Complete remove legacy Advanced Launcher launcher.xml loading/parsing functions.

FEATURE  [CORE] Disable Kodi screensaver when launching and reenable after app finishes.
         Featured ported from AML.
         See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304186&pid=2934194#pid2934194

FEATURE  Add support to remove unneeded blank spaces in `dev-core/check_line_endings.py`.

FEATURE  In the ROMs CM add a menu to edit all assets as once, including scraping
         all assets at once.
         See https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin.program.AEL/issues/140

FIX      Check issue #142, TGDB scraper not working well.
         The issue was a bug with TGDB engine and has been fixed.

FIX      Fix TheGamesDB scraper. New asset titlescreen in TheGamesDB.
         See https://forums.thegamesdb.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1947
         See https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin.program.AEL/issues/127

FIX      Fix launching of LNK ROM launchers with spaces in LNK filename.
         See https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin.program.AEL/issues/125

FIX      Fix Standalone Kodi builtin launchers.
         See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287826&pid=3036064#pid3036064
New AEL release 0.10.0

The main feature of this release is the Python 3 conversion which brings AEL to Kodi Matrix. For a full list of features and bug fixes have a look at the changelog.txt file.

Upgrading from 0.9.9 or 0.9.10 to 0.10.0

Follow these steps:

1. Install 0.10.0.

2. Upgrade your database with Utilities, Check/Update all databases. It is safe to execute Check/Update all databases at any time.

3. Done!

Advanced Emulator Launcher | version 0.10.0 | 22 June 2021

Code:
NOTE     Python 3 version for Matrix in branch release-0.10.x-python3

FEATURE  Create a Python 3 Matrix version 0.10.x to track release 0.9.x.
         Current master branch will be release 0.11.x in Python 3.
         First release 0.9.10 Python 2 and then do the Python 3 conversion into 0.10.0.

FEATURE  Port release 0.9.10 to Python 3.
Hey thanks for this it look awesome! Still on the steps of defining my own folder structure and all, but I tried importing a premade launcher xml and one I made.
I get
Code:
NameError: name 'nfo_dic' is not defined
Logs.

Running in flatpak. Kodi version 19.1.0 Git:20210531
Addon version : 0.10.0

Might try with native Kodi anyway as I think libretro bug in the flatpak and I don't think I can call the Libretro flatpak inside a flatpak - that's a lot of flat and paks.
(2021-06-22, 22:58)Hypewolf Wrote: Hey thanks for this it look awesome! Still on the steps of defining my own folder structure and all, but I tried importing a premade launcher xml and one I made.
I get
Code:
NameError: name 'nfo_dic' is not defined
Logs.

Running in flatpak. Kodi version 19.1.0 Git:20210531
Addon version : 0.10.0

Might try with native Kodi anyway as I think libretro bug in the flatpak and I don't think I can call the Libretro flatpak inside a flatpak - that's a lot of flat and paks.

Thanks for spotting this. Should be fixed in Github now.
Hello guys! I finally installed AEL on Kodi 19, and it works game with my retro games, thank you @wintermute! But I couldn't find so far the right set up for Steam/Uplay/Epic games. I tried the scan the .url shortcuts they provide, steam.exe .lnk shortcuts with game id parameters, etc. Does anyone know a good set up?

Thanks!
Windows 11 x64 | Kodi 19 | Developer of Orange TV addon

What skin is this and they layout used i can't find it in the ones listed
I don't what's this skin, but we can add Estuary Mod V2 from KodiNerds to the compatible skin list. It requires to setup a new menu section, and works just fine once done.
Windows 11 x64 | Kodi 19 | Developer of Orange TV addon
(2021-07-04, 15:09)tillaz87 Wrote: Image

What skin is this and they layout used i can't find it in the ones listed

That skin is a beta version of Citris coded by Rufoo. Citris was an evolution of good old Cirrus Extended. Citris never reached an stable release because it proved too difficult and tedious to update the code of Cirrus Extended. Instead, Rufoo created a version of Mimic with updated game views named Lyrebird. Currently Lyrebird is also unmaintained but I think some users have updated the skin to run into Leia and maybe Matrix. I haven't heard of Rufoo in over a year or so, I'm not sure if he will come back to the Kodi games scene or not.
(2021-07-04, 16:07)BreizhReloaded Wrote: I don't what's this skin, but we can add Estuary Mod V2 from KodiNerds to the compatible skin list. It requires to setup a new menu section, and works just fine once done.

I'm trying to locate the skin discussion thread in Kodinerds forum, even if only in German, but cannot find it. Can you please tell me the link?
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12