v14 No infos on movies when vob files
Hello
I just got a QNAP Nas on which I copied my DVD collection. To import them on my PC, I have kept the structure AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, this one containing .vob files.
I installed Plex on my Android TV, which retrieves infos and covers for each movie that is .mp4 format, but cannot read .vob files.
I installed Kodi, which reads very well these files, but do not retreive any info on my movies, other than the folder.jpg file of the cover that I added myself.

Is there an option in the settings to fix that problem in Kodi, or this feature does not exist ? In which case I am going to have to convert all my movies in a .mp4 format ? If yes is the software Handbrake recommanded to do so ?

Many thanks in advance if you can help, it is very hectic to find the right adjustments !
Best to all of the community
Sound like you may just need to generate some NFO files for each movie you ripped, then have Kodi scrape for local NFO files. I have never dealt with the automatic scrapers with your file structure setup, so maybe someone else may have some experience with that.
(2016-08-22, 18:06)JxPx Wrote: Sound like you may just need to generate some NFO files for each movie you ripped, then have Kodi scrape for local NFO files. I have never dealt with the automatic scrapers with your file structure setup, so maybe someone else may have some experience with that.

Thanks for your answer. That would be soooo much work ! What is your opinion on converting each movie and which software to use for mp4 format ? I would like to keep a choice of languages and subtitltes
(2016-08-22, 18:55)simeeks Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 18:06)JxPx Wrote: Sound like you may just need to generate some NFO files for each movie you ripped, then have Kodi scrape for local NFO files. I have never dealt with the automatic scrapers with your file structure setup, so maybe someone else may have some experience with that.

Thanks for your answer. That would be soooo much work ! What is your opinion on converting each movie and which software to use for mp4 format ? I would like to keep a choice of languages and subtitltes

yeah that's true. personally I use handbrake to rip all my media and it works well for me, then tiny media manager to scrape and generate NFO, then update Kodi Library with local NFO settings. I like to scrape on my computer so I can modify all the artwork before I let Kodi update the library. I rip everything in .mkv container, smaller size than .mp4 rips. All my files play great through Kodi on my main setup.
Are you video_ts folders in a folder named after the movie? If not try that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-08-22, 19:44)Martijn Wrote: Are you video_ts folders in a folder named after the movie? If not try that

That's a good point. Here is the wiki page for naming conventions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No infos on movies when vob files0