Wifi stopped working
Hey all,

The only use my Raspberry Pi 3 for is to run KODI using LibreELEC. Yesterday I woke up and discovered that my RPi 3 no longer could detect wifi. I have been browsing forums for a while now and have been able to find a way to turn the wifi back on. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?
Might it be a router issue? Restart your wireless access point etc.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
So, I have tried that already. I have another RPi3 as well, and it is having no such issues. I have also tried reinstalling LibreELEC and got no results from that either. I can connect via cable and it works though. I read on a forum that RPi3s have a power save feature on the wlan0 which can disable the WiFi, but I don't know how to access that through KODI. Is there a way to access the command prompt in KODI?
(2016-08-22, 23:43)Mesgerum Wrote: So, I have tried that already. I have another RPi3 as well, and it is having no such issues. I have also tried reinstalling LibreELEC and got no results from that either. I can connect via cable and it works though. I read on a forum that RPi3s have a power save feature on the wlan0 which can disable the WiFi, but I don't know how to access that through KODI. Is there a way to access the command prompt in KODI?

To access the command line in LibreELEC you use ssh. Install PuTTY on Windows and connect to your RPi3 using ssh: username "root", password "libreelec".

Then run the following:
Code:
dmesg | pastebinit
journalctl | pastebinit
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
and paste the urls as they appear in the console.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
What do you mean by past the urls in the console? When I put the those lines in the console I get

http://sprunge.us/FHUY
http://sprunge.us/dVYN
http://sprunge.us/Wcde

What do I do after I see these? By the way thanks for helping me out.
For some reason LibreELEC isn't able to bring up the wlan0 interface:
Code:
Jun 22 15:58:23 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started WPA supplicant.
Jun 22 15:58:23 LibreELEC kernel: brcmfmac: brcmf_add_if: ERROR: netdev:wlan0 already exists

Does RPi3 WiFi work if you disconnect your iPazzPort wireless keyboard dongle from the RPi3 (you'll need to reboot)?
(2016-08-22, 23:43)Mesgerum Wrote: I have another RPi3 as well, and it is having no such issues.
Turn off pi's.
Swap their sd cards over.
Does the working one still work?
Does the non-working one not?

If yes then it's a hardware issue, surely.
And if not (ie the one that worked now doesn't), it's software or sd-card... assuming they're configured similarly, you could take a copy of the working configuration and tweak as needed.
(2016-08-23, 00:57)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 23:43)Mesgerum Wrote: I have another RPi3 as well, and it is having no such issues.
Turn off pi's.
Swap their sd cards over.
Does the working one still work?
Does the non-working one not?

If yes then it's a hardware issue, surely.
And if not (ie the one that worked now doesn't), it's software or sd-card... assuming they're configured similarly, you could take a copy of the working configuration and tweak as needed.

I installed LibreELEC on both and switched cards around. The RPi3 that is using WiFi still is using it. So maybe it is a hardware issue. I have only had this new one (the one that the WiFi stopped working on) for about 2 weeks...
(2016-08-23, 00:51)Milhouse Wrote: Does RPi3 WiFi work if you disconnect your iPazzPort wireless keyboard dongle from the RPi3 (you'll need to reboot)?

No, I plugged in a logitech keyboard and mouse to see if that was the problem and got no results.
Is the non-working device the one that is most distant from the wifi access point? Are you sure you simply are not too far away?
(2016-08-23, 03:32)ActionA Wrote: Is the non-working device the one that is most distant from the wifi access point? Are you sure you simply are not too far away?

The non working device is probably 8 inches above the router while I'm working with it and still gets no router signals. Not just the 2 signals my router produces, no signals at all.
I had bridge to hotspot enabled and it wouldn't show my WiFi networks... When I disabled it, they started showing up again
So is it working now. I mean i have the same problem with my PI zero. How did you fixed it??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wifi stopped working0