Commercial Breaks on Demand
The vision:

Press a particular button on your remote. The current playback pauses. A playlist (or equivalent) consisting of whatever content begins playing. You press that button again. The paused playback resumes.

The rest:

I apologize if this is already covered elsewhere, and if it is, I would appreciate direction. Pseudotv is overkill for what I'm looking for - and doesn't seem to work with file directory playlists at the moment. I want to be able to pause a video for "commercials" while someone steps away, rather than having the rest of us watch a frozen screen. As a technical matter, the only requirements I see are:

- Being able to map the function to a remote button
- Being able to pause playback of one media file and "remember" that file for when the function is called again

If this doesn't exist, and you make it, please feel free to pick a better name.

Thanks!
Don't really understand what you mean? Do you want it to pause the video if the playlist is open? Is there any examples you could give? Anyone else understand?
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
Basically he wants "Commercial Breaks" on demand. Cool idea, can't count the number of times I've sat and stared at a paused screen because someone had to step away.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

ISTR there was/is a screensaver that plays random trailers.
Something like that mapped to a remote button would maybe do it...?
Edit: ie a little script to pause playback and start the screensaver.
Yes if there was a way to start a screen saver when paused when you could use video screen saver and input own videos. Or maybe start random pictures screen saver
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
Doesn't have to be a screensaver. A script that

1. Stops current video (which will save position), and saves the video id.

2. Starts a playlist of trivia /ads/whatever.

3. On trigger, stops the playlist, retrieves saved video id and restarts playback.

map it to a key. Job done.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@Exidoous rather than request a new feature to be developed why don't we try and troubleshoot the directory issue you are having with PseudoTV Live?
Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. I've updated the title with Mudislander's welcome clarification.

Regarding PesudoTV, I get hard crashes with default settings on my current setup, so it's not something I'd want to spend anyone else's time debugging. My system is an antique for Kodi purposes (AMD 780g).

I asked for this as an independent add on because I think it would be useful for users not trying to recreate the entire TV experience, but still want something to watch conveniently while a viewer steps away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commercial Breaks on Demand0