Formal QA?
I currently work as a software tester, and understand the importance of a formal QA process for software releases. One thing I have not seen in the open source community is a structured test plan and execution for the software. Having these tests executed result in many bugs found and fixed, allowing for a more stable release.

My question is this: Does the XBMC team want an organized QA process to assist with their releases? I know that XBMC for Linux is not ready for this yet, but I know that it can be quite helpful, and it will also allow non-coders to help with the development process.

If this is something that the developers would see as helpful to them, I would be willing to head up the project. Please comment.

-Brandon
Hi Brandon,

We're certainly interested in hearing more about what you have in mind - the more people involved the better.

Please PM me about how you see it working so that we can discuss with the team and see what everyone thinks.

Alternatively, if you are on IRC, pop into #xbmc on freenode and we'll redirect you from there to some devs for discussion.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Be sure to post it in the forum if & when you decide to start.
<-------Definitely interested in helping in any way I can, (but no coding experience) :-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Formal QA?0