Release Kodi Logfile Uploader
if you have a Kodi issue and need help on our forum, it's recommended (read: mandatory!) to provide a Debug Log with your post.
the Kodi Logfile Uploader will upload your logfile(s) to a pastebin site and you can post the pastebin link together with a problem description on our forum.

the addon will upload the following logfiles
  • kodi.log
  • kodi.old.log (optional, can be enabled in addon settings)
  • crashlog (optional, can be enabled in addon settings / only works on linux/osx/ios)

the addon will try to 'clean' your logfile by removing username/passwords that might be present in your log.

the Kodi Logfile Uploader addon is available in the Kodi repo for Kodi Jarvis (v16) and up...

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is there any chance to rework this addon? When I try to open it in Android SPMC it appears fault message.
please provide a Debug Log og the error.
you need to use http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced in this case.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Where is the source code for this project? I'd like to add QR code support Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.kodi.loguploader
The URLs that this add on returns do not work.
Here's the logfile I got manually over SMB
https://paste.kodi.tv/ukaretiyef.makefile
@tyler Durden

Can you be more specific about how it does not work. I use it and have no problems, and have not seen any other reports on the forum.

What do you want us to do with your logfile?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Reviving an old thread... hopefully someone can help. I'm using Krypton 17.6 on an Android Shield. 

A couple of weeks ago, I did a fresh Kodi install. I added the logfile uploader to my setup, and afterwards could not find any log files anywhere. I know where they are supposed to be, my .kodi/temp directory was empty. I couldn't be sure it was logfile uploader that caused it, as it didn't even occur to me to check. Prior to this fresh install, I used logfile uploader all the time and had no problems, it worked perfectly.

Not having access to a log file was nagging at me, so I did another fresh install two days ago. As expected, the log files were where they are supposed to be. Then yesterday I ran into an issue with an add-on stopping playback in the middle of watching a movie. This happened several times, so I installed the logfile uploader again and my logs are gone again. Same as before, my .kodi/temp is empty. I've tried disabling the uploader, uninstalling it, updating it, reinstalling it, and multiple reboots, and still no logs.

Any ideas what is happening? Is there maybe a way to manually create one, or some file I can edit or something? I really don't want to start over again, for the 3rd time in as many weeks. I'd also really like to get the uploader working again if possible.

Thanks for any advice.
(2018-11-09, 23:17)rox56 Wrote: Not having access to a log file was nagging at me,
Getting direct access to the files on a Nvidia Shield is not super easy, but also not super difficult. You'll have to enable SMB access to the Shield, there are plenty of tuts on the Internet on how do accomplish that. Once that access works, you can browse your way to the Kodi folders that also include the log file(s). That way you can also manually update the log file to https://paste.kodi.tv .

(2018-11-09, 23:17)rox56 Wrote: Then yesterday I ran into an issue with an add-on stopping playback in the middle of watching a movie.
Hmm... Anything that we should be worried about it being some not-so legal addon?
Thanks for your reply. 

I've always used a file manager (fx) to access everything on my shield, and never had any problems with accessing the log files manually, until a couple of weeks ago. Everything else in .kodi is there and accessible (userdata, addons, etc). Why not the logs, and why just recently? Also yes, I have the show hidden files option enabled.

Is there a way to get the logs back without yet another fresh start? I can check into setting up smb or adb or something, but I don't understand how that would make the logs reappear? If there's something I'm missing about all of this, please explain.

Quote:Hmm... Anything that we should be worried about it being some not-so legal addon?

The issues I was having yesterday was with the addon for my Plex server. I think it just wanted a reboot, it seems fine today.
no idea i'm afraid. the log uploader addon only reads the logfile, it does not have any write/delete functionality.

a new logfile will be created each time you start kodi. if no log is created, perhaps some folder permissions got messed up...
I tried this for the first time today after restarting Kodi, but the addon tells me the log is too big and needs to be less than 1mb.

How would I trim the log so it can be uploaded?
The log is just a text file - details of where to find it can be found on the wiki debug log (wiki) page (follow the advanced link - section 3 of that page).

If you can download it from your device or open it in a suitable app, you can then copy/paste it to the paste sites. If our one is too small, paste.ubuntu.com can accept larger files.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
How does the log uploader actually run?

I can go into the add on and select "run", however that doesn't return any URL or seem to do anything.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2019-11-19, 13:29)wcndave Wrote: How does the log uploader actually run?

I can go into the add on and select "run", however that doesn't return any URL or seem to do anything.

Ah, found it.  I was going to my addons, and running from there, it seems it has to be run from the main menu item, which required a fair amount of scrolling to find it.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Logfile Uploader0