• 5(current)
Linux HEVC 10bit Kodi
(2017-03-07, 09:40)Fr0mTheSky Wrote: To be honest I find it a litte bit hard to follow you answers but what I got is that currently even Kaby Lake wont play HEVC10bit@4k stutter free but with the future version of Kodi this problem should fix itself?

Yes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-03-07, 10:03)ertkrskl Wrote: Good day all
How can ı upgrade kodi prismcube

this is not even related to the topic, is it? please dont spam it
What are you talking about?! The last librelec 18 with hevc support inside is the version of my choice since many days and I know 3 player running it with 4k hevc decoding perfectly...All with fhd TV but it works. Since several movie releases are bt.2020 it would be time for a further step 😇😛

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
8bit Hevc 4K works for me on Nvidia with current Librelec, I thought Libre supported Intel 10bit HEVC but could be wrong. All HD audio ok with NV although it looks like 10bit HEVC may never happen with vpdau.
Hi Guys

is this ok now for hevc 10 bits (Main 10 profile) hardware decode with kodi 18 beta and AMD RX460 ?
Yes. Given you have supported drivers with working vaapi implementation.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
yes , great news , thank u very much Wink
Double check the output of: vainfo - you need libva 2.1 and modern mesa
ok , I ll check the vainfo Wink
Thank u very much
tested on beta 1 (and now beta 2 Wink )
I tested few files 4k hevc 10 bits main10 profile , and they work perfectly with my RX460
great , thank u again !
Does this mean that HDR is working on amd graphics cards?
Hi @marcorel,

I was just wondering what version of Libreelec are you using, I have an AMD RX560 4GB Video Card in my Core i3-7100 HTPC and cannot get any version to work, I have constant double-clicking sounds in GUI and then very bad static in any video file I play. The same system works fine in Windows 10 with Kodi DSPlayer & MadVR so I get 4K HDR playback, so I'm curious to know what version of Libreelec you're running. Thank you in advance.
(2018-09-11, 09:04)kowalmisiek Wrote: Does this mean that HDR is working on amd graphics cards?
No. We correctly decode hevc 10 bit and extract the metadata. This metadata (hdr information) is used then by kodi to do tone mapping. But there is no HDR metadata support to feed the display, cause the entire infrastructure needed for this on Linux is not there. Kodi cannot do anything about that.
Hi guys. I have a kabylake nuc with Ubuntu 18.04 installed and hevc 10 bit is always being software decoded.
I can play the same files in kodi running in my Android TV correctly with hardware decoding.
I already upgraded Ubuntu to the latest packages and the problem persists.
Do you know how can I enable the hardware decoding?

Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance for your Debug Log! You need v18 to do hw decoding.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEVC 10bit Kodi0