Android System can write to SD card but not kodi
I have an MXQ Pro S905 OTT TV Box. When booted, I can format and R/W onto the SD card while still under Android. This means the SD card is OK. However, kodi can not write to the same SD card. For instance, if I wanna do a kodi backup, it complains with a Write Error Detected message as shown below.

If I clicked the Yes button, kodi will proceed to complete the backup, but there is no such backup file found in the SD card storage. FYI, I already configured the backup to use /storage/sdcard1 as the destination path (see below). Does anyone here have any idea how to fix this problem so kodi can write to my SD card?
Banned Add-ons an Repositories

No help from here as long as your Kodi is contaminated with these crap
Moanbag is in da place!
I never knew that. Nevertheless, is there a way I can perform a full/partial backup of my kodi configuration?
We offer no help for any install containing the banned crap. So either clean up and post a debug log (wiki) to PasteBin of a failed error, or go wherever you got the junk and ask them to help you.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Are you saying the Backup add-on is banned by kodi? TBH, I have not installed any add-on yet on this newly acquired OTT TV Box.
No I'm saying you've got other banned add-ons (wiki) on your system and due to that we offer no support to your installation. If you want any support here, the banned crap needs to be removed.

We offer no support whilest they are there, regardless of whether they appear to influence the issue or not.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I am not sure I understand what you said above w.r.t other banned add-ons. Can you please be more explicit on this? I don't suppose the helps I need on the backup add-on is banned, at least I could not find it in the add-on blacklist.
The backup add-on is not banned.

However as evidenced by the screenshots in your first post your system has other banned add-ons (wiki) installed. And we do not offer support for installs with those installed, regardless of the issue. Some of them screw with all sorts of functionality and break stuff, hence to save everyone time and effort they need to be removed before any support is offered here.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-26, 20:04)Habibie Wrote: I am not sure I understand what you said above w.r.t other banned add-ons. Can you please be more explicit on this? I don't suppose the helps I need on the backup add-on is banned, at least I could not find it in the add-on blacklist.
On your screenshot are navi x, istream,xunitytalk maintenance etc etc.
They are banned here as are others on your screenshot - see Darren's links. Hence you're not getting the help.
Options are remove them or get help elsewhere.
Ironically if you hadn't included the screenshot you probably would have got some answers.
Hey ho.

Edit: Too slow, I see Darren's already responded.
IC. TBH, I don't even know what those add-ons you mentioned are. Like I said, this is a newly acquired Android 5.1.1 MXQ Pro S905 OTT TV Box. BTW, I just factory reset the unit and those add-ons are still there. Anyway, I do now understand with the explanation from DarrenHill. Thank you.
I'll just say this...
I bought an android box a couple of months ago. It didn't come with much installed, but the first thing I did was to uninstall kodi, delete anything at sd card/android/data/org.kodi.org (or whatever it is exactly) and re-installed kodi from the play store.
That gives a clean bright shiny kodi you can do what you want with.
If I wanted a load of banned stuff on my box* I'd put it there myself, not rely on a dodgy ebay seller or a chinese web store to do it for me.

*which I don't, please don't hurt me Darren.
If you uninstall kodi and perform a factory reset, will it show up after a reboot?
No idea. You're on your own until it's clean tbh.
What I tried to say is if kodi is uninstalled and still makes a come back after a factor reset, then it is not really removed from the firmware and is still there.
It's a "fully loaded" box, the kind we hate here. Have a look at this blog for more details.

There are two options. You can either try and remove them via the add-on manager (wiki) if it lets you uninstall from the add-ons context menu, or failing that you'd have to wipe the box completely (or at least wipe Kodi from it completely) and sideload Kodi from this site to get a clean install.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System can write to SD card but not kodi0