• 3(current)
Philips 6501 - Passthrough problems
I am attaching 2 more logs of the working 384kbps sample

kodi_384kbps_ok.log
adblog_ac3_384kbps_ok.txt

When taking a closer look at the logs, one will find the follwing line in the non-working 640kbps case in the ADB log:

Code:
09-08 16:05:29.505 E/android.media.AudioTrack(13727): getMinBufferSize(): 192000 Hz is not a supported sample rate.

Why does it think it is 192kHz? From what I can see in the Kodi logs, the sample rate is correctly being set to 48 kHz in both cases...
Fw Bug :-(
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi, I have a question about Philips Android TVs and I am sorry if it has been asked many times before.. are they able to change the refresh rate, in Kodi, SPMC and manually in the TV HZ app? (needs for proper casting etc)
And does it work with auto switching in Kod/SPMC?

Thanks!
The same as on SONY.
TV's are 50/60 Hz or 100/120 Hz and they can adjust to anything. Panasonic does have issues with some 50 Hz content, at least in UK. I didn't notice any problems with refresh rate on my W755C.
(2016-09-09, 14:56)fritsch Wrote: Fw Bug :-(

Damn, I just bought 55PUS6561 month ago to discover that AC3 Passtrough does not work, even with Krypton and ended up here in this thread... Big Grin
Interestingly enough, built-in player does not seem to have that problem...most likely using somekind of proprietary hack as even DTS works, which should not be possible using Android 5.1...
If we just could figure out, how we could use Philips provided player in Kodi.
Instructions how to do it are pretty straightforward...

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_externa...on_Android

Only trouble I am having is a bit hard time to identifying what Philips actually uses, as I have not found any relevant apk so far.
Will dig further if I get some spare time, and will try to figure it out, on my TV app itself is called "Media Devices" (Meediaseadmed in local language), I just cannot figure out it's <filename> to try to list it as external player.
Keep in mind that if it is like on SONY than this won't work for network files since default player uses DLNA while kodi is using samba.

on sony it is located under dataDir=/data/data/com.sony.dtv.osat.video
(2016-10-07, 18:26)Etzi Wrote: Damn, I just bought 55PUS6561 month ago to discover that AC3 Passtrough does not work, even with Krypton and ended up here in this thread... Big Grin
Interestingly enough, built-in player does not seem to have that problem...most likely using somekind of proprietary hack as even DTS works, which should not be possible using Android 5.1...

Exactly the same situation with my 6561. Multichannel audio output (DD, DTS) works fine with the standard android player. Even the Archos player or the MX player works, but these players are crashing in many cases.
(2016-10-12, 12:05)TonyTakko Wrote:
(2016-10-07, 18:26)Etzi Wrote: Damn, I just bought 55PUS6561 month ago to discover that AC3 Passtrough does not work, even with Krypton and ended up here in this thread... Big Grin

Exactly the same situation with my 6561. Multichannel audio output (DD, DTS) works fine with the standard android player. Even the Archos player or the MX player works, but these players are crashing in many cases.

Good to know that MX Player also works, I had no luck with VLC...
So at least we have one possible "workaround"...until Philips releases 6.0 and hopefully fixes it on API level.

(2016-10-12, 11:13)kinggo Wrote: Keep in mind that if it is like on SONY than this won't work for network files since default player uses DLNA while kodi is using samba.

on sony it is located under dataDir=/data/data/com.sony.dtv.osat.video

Most likely it would be so, as there is no SMB support on Philips player either.
But thanks for the tip... Smile
(2016-10-12, 12:05)TonyTakko Wrote: Exactly the same situation with my 6561. Multichannel audio output (DD, DTS) works fine with the standard android player. Even the Archos player or the MX player works, but these players are crashing in many cases.

How did you manage to get MXPlayer working?
So far I only managed to get only Stereo output from it (or no audio at all, if I disable codecs), but no passtrough whatsover... Huh
MX does not do passthrough on SONY either.
(2016-10-15, 11:20)kinggo Wrote: MX does not do passthrough on SONY either.

Ok, apparently we are then stuck with whatever manufacturer provides.
So far I have not found an single player with Passtrough working on this device, except Built-In player, which does not support SMB/NFS... Angry

I already regret buying this TV...Kodi support was the main reasons to Jump to Android powered device, to ditch my HTPC...
(2016-10-15, 11:08)Etzi Wrote:
(2016-10-12, 12:05)TonyTakko Wrote: Exactly the same situation with my 6561. Multichannel audio output (DD, DTS) works fine with the standard android player. Even the Archos player or the MX player works, but these players are crashing in many cases.

How did you manage to get MXPlayer working?
So far I only managed to get only Stereo output from it (or no audio at all, if I disable codecs), but no passtrough whatsover... Huh

I do not remember exactly but I think I did not use any special setting in MX, only in TV settings audio output->multichannel. I tried only a few videos and I uninstalled it. It did not support DTS audio and had problem with higher bitrate videos. I had no patience with that. I did not install any codecs but I think that 5.1 DD worked sometimes over S/PDIF. I can verify it.
So, basically, it didn't work. Huh
It definately did not work over ARC with MXPlayer...only downmixed Stereo was outputted.
Without codecs, it just disabled audio and showed "unsupported audio codec" message...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips 6501 - Passthrough problems1