v17 Freezes when skipping forward .TS recordings in Mediaportal
Bug 
Hi all,
Curiousity got the better of me and I tried installing the new beta version of Kodi 17.0 (Krypton). It looks OK, mostly, but when I tested my Mediaportal PVR, playback freezes. To be more specific, it plays when I select a recording, but if I use my mouse to click forward through the show, it hangs with a spinning circle, sometimes saying buffering, sometimes even crashing Kodi completely. Sometimes the spinning circle clears and the program timer starts counting forward as per normal, but there is no video or audio.

Playback was fine before I updated. The problem was introduced with Kodi 17.0.

I tried rolling back by uninstalling Kodi and reinstalling 16.1, but the problem persisted. Something else has changed which didn't roll back, video drivers I'm guessing. I'm hoping the Kodi developers can replicate the problem when playing .TS recordings, and advise what I can do to fix (and help test).

For more info: I'm running Windows 10 Pro on one of the original i3 NUC computers (Intel graphics). My Mediaportal back-end was running TV Server 1.12, so I tried updating this to 1.15 along with the 1.15 Kodi DLL file: It made no difference. So I suspect the problem lies with the codec being used for playback.

Kodi is configured to use TSReader as its streaming method (which I understand used SMB to read the file). This also leads me to believe the problem is with the codec changes in Kodi 17.0.

My theories could be wrong of course, but I'm offering ideas in case they help.

Appreciate your assistance,

-Q
Does it work if you disable DXVA2 video acceleration in Kodi?

Also please post a debug log to pastebin!
Thanks for your suggestion pünktchen.. I tried other video processing options for rendering, including just software playback (no DXVA at all), The problem persists - video starts playing but will stop if I click forward to a later part of the show.

Incidentally, if I reopen Kodi after it crashes, and select resume to watch the show.from the time where it previously hung or crashed, it will start playing successfully. But if I click forward again, it hangs or crashes Kodi again.

- Appreciate your help
QMeister New Zealand
You should report about your issue and and a link to your Kodi debug log here: 283734 (thread)
You're not the only one with these problems in Krypton!
I had the same issue playing ts files in kodi, by pausing or scrolling back or forward the video froze.

I am on win 10 x64 and using kodi 17 and media portal.

My issue was cause by lavfilters that I installed in the past. Kodi seem to use these if they are installed separately .

By removing the lavfilters and re-installing kodi 17 all works now.
(2016-09-05, 17:17)Cmichel04 Wrote: I had the same issue playing ts files in kodi, by pausing or scrolling back or forward the video froze.

My issue was cause by lavfilters that I installed in the past. Kodi seem to use these if they are installed separately .

I had the same issue, but on 4 pc's with a fresh win10/x64 and kodi 17 nightly from 31/08 - but only on hd recordings..
(2016-09-05, 17:17)Cmichel04 Wrote: I had the same issue playing ts files in kodi, by pausing or scrolling back or forward the video froze.

Kodi never uses any DirectShow filter!
I guess it was just a lucky coincidence for you...
(2016-09-05, 18:53)himisk71 Wrote:

I had the same issue, but on 4 pc's with a fresh win10/x64 and kodi 17 nightly from 31/08 - but only on hd recordings..
You had? Does it work now? What have you changed?
(2016-09-05, 19:25)pünktchen Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 18:53)himisk71 Wrote:

lol, ok i will try to improve my sentence...:

I have the same issue, on 4 pc's with a fresh win10/x64 and kodi 17 nightly from 31/08 - but only on hd recordings..

Tongue
(2016-09-05, 20:10)himisk71 Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 19:25)pünktchen Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 18:53)himisk71 Wrote: I had the same issue, but on 4 pc's with a fresh win10/x64 and kodi 17 nightly from 31/08 - but only on hd recordings..

lol, ok i will try to improve my sentence...:

I have the same issue, on 4 pc's with a fresh win10/x64 and kodi 17 nightly from 31/08 - but only on hd recordings..

Tongue
Okay Smile
Would you please be so kind and post a full debug log of each of your PC's to http://pastebin.com
and link them in this thread: 283734 (thread)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezes when skipping forward .TS recordings in Mediaportal0