Watching 3D movie in 2D Amazon Fire Stick
Hi all,

Just done a fresh install on a restored to defaults Amazon Fire TV 4K. Kodi 16.1 installed, I tried to watch a 3D movie and selected 2D mode and only the GUI changed, the video stayed two screens (left&right). Only way to get it working was to turn off Hardware acceleration but after 30 mins the video got choppy so thought I'd restart the Amazon Fire TV and it came up with a thermometer, obviously over heating without hardware decoding.

After googling I believe others have the same issues. Is there a log or anything I can post to the devs?

Thanks in advance.

Simon
(2016-08-29, 19:39)simon_rb Wrote: Hi all,

Just done a fresh install on a restored to defaults Amazon Fire TV 4K. Kodi 16.1 installed, I tried to watch a 3D movie and selected 2D mode and only the GUI changed, the video stayed two screens (left&right). Only way to get it working was to turn off Hardware acceleration but after 30 mins the video got choppy so thought I'd restart the Amazon Fire TV and it came up with a thermometer, obviously over heating without hardware decoding.

After googling I believe others have the same issues. Is there a log or anything I can post to the devs?

Thanks in advance.

Simon
have you fixed your issue yet? I still have the same issue on Kodi 19.1, still can't view 3D in 2D view.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watching 3D movie in 2D Amazon Fire Stick0