• 13(current)
Lets make a difference to XBMC (joint skin project) => Team Razorfish and MediaStream
ChoccyHobNob Wrote:Can I have a coffee machine interface so it can put the coffee on before I get home from work?

I think we'll have to make an exception to the "non-public" rule for this. c'mon mike!
MikeBeecham Wrote:Hahaha @ Matt

anoobie...no! There is a reason that we decided to keep this off the public radar until release. I really dont want the forums spammed with "That looks great, but can I have this", or "Can we include this please".

I see it so many times on other skins...before the skin is out of the door, it's been hijacked by people with hoods on, thrown into a car and taken away (of course, it's a metaphor!!!)

You'll get to see it when it's released, is what I'm saying I guess!!

So post the pictures, and ignore the comments?
chapado Wrote:So post the pictures, and ignore the comments?

Or you folks can just stop pestering them and let them do it in their own time. All of the comments asking for pictures and requesting changes is EXACTLY why developers decide not to post pictures before they release. In a nutshell, let it drop and wait for the skin to be released like the rest of us.
The thing to remember (and I do say this in the gentlest way possible), is that the community is not paying for any skin that is created...you get it free. You invest no time into it, other than downloading it and putting it onto your xbox.

The skinners, on the other hand, invest huge amounts of time to creating something which we know will a) be taken and used by the community free of charge and b) probably hacked up the moment it's released to fit the purposes of those that dont like what they just downloaded!

I genuienly apologise, but you dont get to demand this and demand that. You dont have any right to pictures, spoilers, teasers or alpha. You get the skin because the skinners choose to create something for you to use at no expense to you. Irrespective as to whether it's Fluid, Aeon, PM3, Vision, Fusion, or any other skin, we do what we do FOR YOU. We dont get pushed into it, we dont get persuaded to do it...we do it because we want to do it.

On that basis, PLEASE be patient and wait for the skin to be released. It wont be long, and I'm sure that you'll get to enjoy using it for a short while before the mods start coming out and it no longer resembles our original vision anyway.

Please respect the work that we're doing and be patient.

Thanks guys

Mike
Hey Mike,

As a person who has worked on different free project for different communities I have to agree which just about all that you are saying. There is just one thing you must not loose sight of and that is the fact that after all the hard work and the hours you've spent banging your head over all the little details it would really suck if there was no one to share your happiness and success once you release the final product. So dont shove your "audience and fans" away but instead throw them a bone now and then. Maybe not even a complete screenshot but just a glimpse, a teaser of what has been in the making for over 6 months now.

All the best to you and the whole team,
xb00t
Guys, take your time. I think others sometimes forget that the people doing this have other lives too. If you look at the AEON thread it's full of i wants and suggestions. (me including) I can seek the pros and cons of both approches. But kudos you to all for choosing an approach and making it exaclty what you want it to be. Can't wait to see the final project. Smile
thanks joebrady...

my only hope is that when we release it, people download it and go "Wow...this really SUCKS"

Big Grin
MikeBeecham Wrote:The thing to remember (and I do say this in the gentlest way possible), is that the community is not paying for any skin that is created...you get it free. You invest no time into it, other than downloading it and putting it onto your xbox.

The skinners, on the other hand, invest huge amounts of time to creating something which we know will a) be taken and used by the community free of charge and b) probably hacked up the moment it's released to fit the purposes of those that dont like what they just downloaded!

I genuienly apologise, but you dont get to demand this and demand that. You dont have any right to pictures, spoilers, teasers or alpha. You get the skin because the skinners choose to create something for you to use at no expense to you. Irrespective as to whether it's Fluid, Aeon, PM3, Vision, Fusion, or any other skin, we do what we do FOR YOU. We dont get pushed into it, we dont get persuaded to do it...we do it because we want to do it.

On that basis, PLEASE be patient and wait for the skin to be released. It wont be long, and I'm sure that you'll get to enjoy using it for a short while before the mods start coming out and it no longer resembles our original vision anyway.

Please respect the work that we're doing and be patient.

Thanks guys

Mike

I complete agree... All a skinner asks for is feedback... That's our privilege! Our only one... unless the skinner gives us the option...
Well. I want to help to the project. I have not idea coding, but I can help with graphics. Here some mock ups:
http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=final3sy3.jpg
http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=final2pk5.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=final1yd8.jpg
Hi candeuterio,

Thanks for the offer, but we have all the people we need in the project right now.
any news?
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
I had forgotten about this one, so i was wondering what has is happening with it?
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Pretty sure it was renamed "MediaStream"
It was so closing the thread
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lets make a difference to XBMC (joint skin project) => Team Razorfish and MediaStream2