• 11(current)
Lets make a difference to XBMC (joint skin project) => Team Razorfish and MediaStream
development is in progress, looks real nice. just wait Wink
Thanks blittan. That's excellent news. I've got "when it's done" marked on my calendar. Wink
Big Grin I always check back here too!

Really looking forward to this!... wish I could muck in but cant think what help a Network/Optics engineer would be?
Everytime I see a new post on this topic my heart stops and i think "Is today the day? Are we finally going to see a new sneak preview or even an early releaseHuh" But today is not that day so I'll go back to just waiting :-(
platanito21 Wrote:Everytime I see a new post on this topic my heart stops and i think "Is today the day? Are we finally going to see a new sneak preview or even an early releaseHuh" But today is not that day so I'll go back to just waiting :-(

Definitely not the only one Sad
can I just put your minds at rest...you can stop looking because it's going to be months yet

What I will see though, is dont expect to see any of the screens that were there to begin with in the original Fluid post.. Things have evolved and changed a lot since then....hopefully for the better. Less blue, thats for sure!

We'll post when it's done, dont worry!
hihi Big Grin
syphon!!!!
It would be great to see a skin that was designed for and supported the mythtv functionality that elepus and crew have been working on out of the box. Just a suggestion. Rand Al Thors AEON Mod is probably the best to date.
I wish I'd been around earlier, I'd have put my name down for this
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
lingenfr_xbmc Wrote:It would be great to see a skin that was designed for and supported the mythtv functionality that elepus and crew have been working on out of the box. Just a suggestion. Rand Al Thors AEON Mod is probably the best to date.
I agree 100% For XBMC to compete fully with, for example , Vista MCE it needs PVR capabilities (its already better at everything else) and the mythtv functionality currently is a great start on this but to look really professional it needs support built in to the skin.
ptipton...you have to understand that XBMC skinning engine is not capabale of doing everything everyone wants and, if it did, there would be huge performance issues...especially on older xboxes.

Already we are discovering that some of the "WOW Looks at this" elements we wanted for the project are not yet available in the skinning engine.

However, I can tell you that there are some elements in place that have not been seen before.

It's a case of some things you can have, and some you cant because XBMC is not yet capable of carrying them out.
You probably got this, but just in case, I don't think he's referring to adding any new functionality, he's referring to actually skinning the section of the xbmc designed for mythtv integration. It's already something that's been added to XBMC, but just very few if any skins have added support for it as of yet. Unless I'm misunderstanding this myself.
Don't think a lot of skinners have a mythtv setup at the moment. So that makes it a little difficult to skin.
timdog82001 Wrote:You probably got this, but just in case, I don't think he's referring to adding any new functionality, he's referring to actually skinning the section of the xbmc designed for mythtv integration. It's already something that's been added to XBMC, but just very few if any skins have added support for it as of yet. Unless I'm misunderstanding this myself.
timdog82001 Yes you are correct. Basic mythtv live tv functionality is already in place and I believe that improving this and adding epg is a google summer of code project. All that is really required from the skin is to have the option of a Livetv button on the home page which goes to a screen which is customised for the TV sources and show channel icons, channel name, currently showing etc. As mentioned below Rand Al Thor has made a mod for AEON that does this and I'm hacking away at xTV . Just think it would be a shame if was not included in a project like this wich seems to have such great potential.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lets make a difference to XBMC (joint skin project) => Team Razorfish and MediaStream2