v16 Playback issue with 3D ISOs
Hi all,

I know that this is a well discussed topic already - and not only in this forum.
Already tried a lot solutions from the net with no luck so far.
First of all, please note my hardware setup (not sure if it matters, so just in case):

Source: INTEL NUC Kit NUC5PPYH Pentium N3700 (connected to my NAS) running LE 7.0.2 with automatic updates ON
AVR: Yamaha RX-A740
Projector: Darbee + WHDMI @ Epson EH-TW9200W
Content: untouched 3D BD ISO (MVC encoded content over frame-packed output method)

Currently I am using the PS3 for all my 3D Blurays but I dont like it this way. I would like to use Kodi for all my BDs so I tried again to get my MVC ISOs running.
My research today made clear that there are people out there currently actively enjoying this fantastic feature which seems to came in with Jarvis.
However, I tried several settings as well as renaming methods (MVC, SBS etc.). Kodi does see it as 3D when I put SBS into the filename, BUT...

My projector is not. Kodi itself is stating that 3D stereoscopic mode is ON and the menu itself goes SBS as well... but the movie stays 2D somehow.
It doesnt even get blurry or something. If I try to make my Epson go 3D it tells me there is no 3D content...

I tried the same on my Windows PC running Windows 10 with Kodi 16.1, Intel Core i7-6700K and EVGA GTX1080 SC - same result!
While in playback Kodi enables the 3D mode (same as movie) so the playback menu goes SBS and the movie itself remains 2D.

What am I doing wrong? Sad

Cheers,
MVC content is only supported under the Windows branch of Krypton v17 from the other thread you already found, it's nothing official. MVC has nothing to do with SBS, TAB, frame packed. Jarvis and the regular Krypton beta can't play MVC content at all.
Thank you! Will it be part of the official releases in future or will it stay separated?
Most probably not, it's a side project from one of the Kodi developers and at least to me it seems to be dead as the last build resides on an unstable alpha version of Krypton, hopefully someone is picking it up at some time. :-(

Also Intel still has a bug in their windows graphics driver which result in blurry 3D on most i3/i5/i7 machines as if your looking into a broken mirror. They promised on their forums that a fix is on the way but not expected before October.

If you happen to have a PC with a separate graphics adapter like a GeForce which supports 3D content you can go and try an external player software from Corel or Cyberlink which both support MVC content but cost money. ;-)
Thank you! Well, I was planning to use it on my LibreElec NUC only, so.. Sad
Not a fan of windows stuff when it comes to home theater to be honest
I dont get why MVC playback seems to be less important to the main developers?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback issue with 3D ISOs0