Audio codec variable
Hello!! Is there a way to add a variable to show adifferent codec icon based on a file name during playback?

I can get the icon to show in the main movie list list by adding a variable to the inclides_variables file. I add atmos to the file name and I get a nice atmos logo where the audio codec sits.

When I play the file, this icon reverts back to the trueHD logo. I have tried all sorts of variations to get the variable right but am hitting a brick wall!

Any suggestions be greatly appreciated!
Output the name of the codec to a text label, then label the graphic to that exact name and put it in the media folder for codecs with the same extension as the others.
Unless you are using a version that uses an external codec pack, then you will have to undo that and force it to look local to do the above, or wait until the pack author adds it.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Thanks for the reply, am not sure I explained it to well.. so will have another go!

Dolby Atmos uses the TRUEHD codec, so Kodi identifies it as TrueHD and displays the logo which is correct (technically) Hidden in the stream is some Meta Data for height etc... but, its is just a TrueHD stream.

Because of this the only way I could see to identify them different was to use a Filename variable. I add.atmos. to my filename and in a list the logo shows up. Which is nice.

When I play the file, the view changes and the logo reverts back to the TRUEHD logo. I am assuming the OSDOverlay get's its codec info from somewhere else and ignores the Variable I created.
If I recall correctly, you'll need to make the same include_variables.xml modifications to VideoOSD.xml, around line 560 or so as well.
One location for the file selection, one for once the video is playing.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio codec variable0