New XBMC Customization Website Project
Smile 
Hey guys,

I've recently gotten into XBMC once I finally got the balls to solder my old Matrix chip to my Xbox (I've never soldered before). I had XBMC in the past, but a very old version. I am unbelievably impressed with the progress XBMC has made so far, and it truly is limitless. I am seriously considering buying another Xbox just to turn into another media center.

Anyways, I have an old website that has a great format and I am in the process of converting it to an XBMC customization site. Nothing is set it stone yet, but I plan to have ALL releases, skins, scripts, wallpapers, icons, tutorials, screenshots and themes for XBMC, possibly applications and trainers as well (all legal stuff). Some of the stuff I will host on my site, others will just link to the developer's page (such as T3CH's wonderful releases). I'm looking for some people to help me get the page setup.

The site currently uses the Pligg content management system which is very easy to use and I think beneficial system for XBMC customization stuff. Each piece of content can be voted on by users, either a +1 or they just don't vote for it at all, giving it a +0 in essence. The idea is that anyone can sort the categories (such as skins) by most popular, least popular, or alphabetically, by release date, etc....As well, each piece of content has its own thread for discussion, it's a very thorough system that I think will greatly benefit the XBMC community!

I'm not posting the URL here, just looking for some people who are interested in helping. What I really need is people to helping downloading basically any and all XBMC related material (lots is hard to find due to old links, etc...) and upload in a categorized fashion to the site. Also, I'll need some admins to help keep off spam, illegal downloads, wack-job users, etc... It's not a serious time commitment at all but I believe it will greatly improve this friggin awesome community that I discovered a few weeks ago. If anyone is interested please PM or email me. Name's Nick, by the way.

p.s. - I hope this is in the correct forum and I'm not breaking any rules, but this is a development project, no?
Or just start throwing out ideas/asking questions right here on this thread. I'd love to hear suggestions/complaints or anything! For example, should I include applications that just work well with XBMC? What about ones that are good apps but aren't very compatible with XBMC? Emulators? Let me know what you guys think...
Why start another site?

We are after a volunteer to write up some content for our site instead. The content is what we're after primarily - most of the code work is already in place I believe.

If you are interested, PM me or pike and we'll get you in discussions with the team.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well, the idea isn't necessarily just to host all of the content. The real idea is to get a community-based rating system based off of XBMC. For example, digg.com or any other social bookmarking site. The idea is to essentially have every piece of content listed on my site; the link from which will send the user to the developer's site / download location (such as T3CH's page). But on my page, each piece of content (every skin, theme, script, wallpaper, user screenshots, etc....) is rated by users and like any social bookmarking site, each link created has its own page/discussion area, and each piece is rated by the users, the more popular it is, the higher it is and can be sorted and compared with others in its category.

It will allow people to submit content themselves to keep things up to date, as well as post screenshots of any of the customizations being used. I'm not trying to steal the thunder from forums, xbmc.com or the like, but more to bring the community together and share/promote new creations and create a central location to find everything you need instead of scouring the web for "user482's kickass theme" that nobody can find anymore, etc...

Since the data and downloads are out there, I would basically be creating an XBMC bookmarking site. I don't know, if anyone really thinks this is a worthless idea then I suppose I won't bother, but I thought it would help promote XBMC and encourage more development and interest; not to mention All the code and programming is done, I just need to convert it from the "social bookmarking site" that it was to an XBMC based one. Not to mention, I've already payed for another 5 months of the site and I have no other use for it, but if this takes off I would definitely continue it. I would need people to help getting the content started and admin users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New XBMC Customization Website Project0