[Release] Lifx Ambilight Addon for Kodi
(2016-09-25, 19:32)s.lee Wrote: Hi,

This is awesome, thanks.

Tested on kodi default player and works perfectly.
Tested on mpc-hc as external player and it works for starting (slowly dim to off) and stopping (slowly back to last intensity) the movie but not pause (nothing happen)
Is this a limitation or is there a way to make it work?

Thanks

I'm glad it works with different systems. It is possible to override brightness on pause. Take a look at the add-on settings (http://i.imgur.com/BmbPCR3.jpg)
Thanks for the Add-On!

One request for the Theater Mode...

is there any way to have an additional light group for Theater Mode? I have a few lights in my room that I want completely off for the movie and others that I want dimmed.... Here would be my ideal working:

I have 4 ceiling lights, and 3 Table Lamps. At night I usually have my 3 table lamps on, and my 4 ceiling lights are off.

When I start the movie, I want my 4 ceiling lights to turn on to a specific Dim level immediately. And I want my 3 table lamps to Dim to 0% over 60 seconds.

You could have like---
Light Group 1: Dim at Play ____ DIm At Pause ___ Transition Time ____
Light Group 2: Dim at Play ____ DIm At Pause ___ Transition Time ____

or something like that....
(2016-10-18, 17:37)soljarag Wrote: Thanks for the Add-On!

One request for the Theater Mode...

is there any way to have an additional light group for Theater Mode? I have a few lights in my room that I want completely off for the movie and others that I want dimmed.... Here would be my ideal working:

I have 4 ceiling lights, and 3 Table Lamps. At night I usually have my 3 table lamps on, and my 4 ceiling lights are off.

When I start the movie, I want my 4 ceiling lights to turn on to a specific Dim level immediately. And I want my 3 table lamps to Dim to 0% over 60 seconds.

You could have like---
Light Group 1: Dim at Play ____ DIm At Pause ___ Transition Time ____
Light Group 2: Dim at Play ____ DIm At Pause ___ Transition Time ____

or something like that....

This is not currently possible, but this is a great suggestion. I will keep that in mind and see how best to implement it.
Nice addon Harct!, maybe you can an option for dimming the bulbs to a certain level (adjustable level) when Kodi starts and continu that way until Kodi is shutdown.
I like the Kodi experience in 1 dimmed state.

Thanx in advance
This is excellent! worked no problems. Thanks for an awesome & well made plugin! I've been looking for a decent lifx plugin on and off for over a year now...

I'd love to see an option for returning the lights (as they were) after a movie in ambilight mode, currently they just stay at the last colour & brightness from the movie...
yeah that would be great if my colour lamp returned to a preset colour Smile
Great addon! However, the ambilight function does not seem to work with the new Lifx Z lightstrip.

Kind regards and thanks again for the great addon!
Does this work with hue lights also?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
Hi Guys,

On Ambilight mode, It is fixed on the beginning color. It doesn't change the color as the movie progresses. Any idea?

Thanks.
I am unable to get this to work with the LIFX lightstrip. I have one in the back if my TV and would love to get this working. Any suggestions?
Hi and thanks for this awesome addon!

Could you please explain briefly how the "threshold" settings (Value threshold, saturation threshold) as well as the color bias setting work?
I have experimented with different values for the latter but I am experiencing more frequent color changes in my bulbs than I would like.
Hi there,

Its not working for me on the Pi,

Detects the lights and then turned them on before fading them out (force lights on, if off) press pause nothing happens, press stop nothing happens.

Cant find anything in the logs?
IF I reboot my Pi and it will work until I stop the video, then nothing happens, lights dont come back on and it stops working if I try to play the video again.
Would be cool if there was an option to transfer the predominant color of album covers while playing music to one or multiple bulbs!!
I'm curious about the ambilight functionality,

I'm about to buy some light strips to go around my screen.
Does it just choose random colors for ambilight or does it a phones camera pointed at the screen to accurately tell ligx what colors to switch to ?

By this I mean will dark scenes also darken the ambilights and bright explosions turn them an orange color?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Lifx Ambilight Addon for Kodi2