[Release] Lifx Ambilight Addon for Kodi
(2017-02-26, 11:03)ignorant Wrote: Hi and thanks for this awesome addon!

Could you please explain briefly how the "threshold" settings (Value threshold, saturation threshold) as well as the color bias setting work?
I have experimented with different values for the latter but I am experiencing more frequent color changes in my bulbs than I would like.
 Good question! Here's some explanation, let me know if you still have any questions:
  • The Threshold in the settings is used to ignore the lower brightness values and saturation values when calculating most used colors from the picture frame.
  • Think of Color bias as opposite of color variation
    • Higher the value => higher the accuracy of colors => lower color variation
      • If the picture frame had 3 shades of red, green and blue, for example, it will return 9 different colors to be set for your lights in the sorted order, so if you had 3 lights, it might use the three shades of red to set colors for these three lights => lower color variation
    • Lower the value => lower the accuracy and more grouping of colors => => lower color variation
      • Different shades of each primary color will be grouped together and 3 primary colors will be returned in sorted order to be set for your lights, so if you had 3 lights, it will use all three colors for these lights => higher color variation

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Release] Lifx Ambilight Addon for Kodi - by harct - 2018-03-24, 19:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Lifx Ambilight Addon for Kodi2