[Release] Lifx Ambilight Addon for Kodi
(2017-02-26, 11:03)ignorant Wrote: Hi and thanks for this awesome addon!

Could you please explain briefly how the "threshold" settings (Value threshold, saturation threshold) as well as the color bias setting work?
I have experimented with different values for the latter but I am experiencing more frequent color changes in my bulbs than I would like.
 Good question! Here's some explanation, let me know if you still have any questions:
  • The Threshold in the settings is used to ignore the lower brightness values and saturation values when calculating most used colors from the picture frame.
  • Think of Color bias as opposite of color variation
    • Higher the value => higher the accuracy of colors => lower color variation
      • If the picture frame had 3 shades of red, green and blue, for example, it will return 9 different colors to be set for your lights in the sorted order, so if you had 3 lights, it might use the three shades of red to set colors for these three lights => lower color variation
    • Lower the value => lower the accuracy and more grouping of colors => => lower color variation
      • Different shades of each primary color will be grouped together and 3 primary colors will be returned in sorted order to be set for your lights, so if you had 3 lights, it will use all three colors for these lights => higher color variation
(2017-03-22, 14:13)liminal1 Wrote: Hi there,

Its not working for me on the Pi,

Detects the lights and then turned them on before fading them out (force lights on, if off) press pause nothing happens, press stop nothing happens.

Cant find anything in the logs?
 Can you please update to the latest version and send me the logs if you still have the issue?
Anyone?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-03-30, 17:13)xbmosx Wrote: Would be cool if there was an option to transfer the predominant color of album covers while playing music to one or multiple bulbs!!
 Great suggestion! Will add it to todo.
(2018-03-24, 19:13)Ruk12345 Wrote: Does this work with Phillips hue at all? Or just Lfx?

Thanks
 Just the lifx, but this is based on the addon originally written for Philips Hue, you can use that for Philips Hue - https://github.com/mpolednik/script.kodi.hue.ambilight/
Thank you
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2018-03-24, 19:04)harct Wrote: @bortek - Yes, it is possible to revert to any of the previous version - Just download the zip file from here - https://github.com/sanghviharshit/script...t/releases
You can also try the latest version which should have resolved all the existing issues
 Well thank you for the previous version link. By the way the new version doesn't work for me
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
(2018-03-26, 10:34)bortek Wrote:
(2018-03-24, 19:04)harct Wrote: @bortek - Yes, it is possible to revert to any of the previous version - Just download the zip file from here - https://github.com/sanghviharshit/script...t/releases
You can also try the latest version which should have resolved all the existing issues
 Well thank you for the previous version link. By the way the new version doesn't work for me 
I can look into the issue if you provide some more details and explain what doesn't work and the logs.
Well I have 4 life v1 bulbs that are working perfectly with v0.13 
In v1.x the bulbs are detected but when I select Setup Theater Subgroup, the loading spin never stops and I have to restart my computer.
I am on libreelec (last version) and Kodi 17.6 

By the way I have tried with Kodi 17.6 on my mac and v1.x is perfectly working
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
(2018-03-28, 15:43)bortek Wrote: Well I have 4 life v1 bulbs that are working perfectly with v0.13 
In v1.x the bulbs are detected but when I select Setup Theater Subgroup, the loading spin never stops and I have to restart my computer.
I am on libreelec (last version) and Kodi 17.6 

By the way I have tried with Kodi 17.6 on my mac and v1.x is perfectly working
Interesting. Can you please try and capture the logs and share them with me via private message. It should include the error message when it freezes. Let me know if you need help with capturing the logs.
What does the Raspberry Pi do differently that makes Ambilight fail?
Quote:On the Hue version, it says Ambilight mode might work on Raspberry Pi's with most codecs and contents up to 1080p (feedback from thutterer on a RPI 3)
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
Latest version 1.03 doesn't detect any of my Lifx Color Mini bulbs. Previous version worked when I patched a file.
Well I think I found why I could not set the theater subgroup. In fact the label of one of my bulb was "ciné3" instead of "cine3". Changed the name of my bulb in my lifx app on my iPhone and now it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one thing. The bulbs dim with fade when paused or stopped but shut off abruptly when played. Any suggestions?
My 2 bulbs get found... I add them to Ambilight group... but they only dim (to random colours) when I start a movie... they remain static until I pause or stop movie then they return to previous full brightness.

Here is kodi.log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2fh96xqxDq/#

UPDATE: I found one random SD video that it works with. I guess it might be something to do with the fact Kodi is set up by default to only use Hardware Acceleration for HD videos. The similar plug Hyperion also states that it does not work with Hardware Acceleration enabled, so perhaps this plugin currently has the same limitation too?
Any chance you can add in a "active time period" option? I use the "Theater" mode and it works well, but I only want it to modify the lights between 6PM and 4AM (for example). So a "Active after time" and "Active before time" would be perfect. I'll look at modifying the code myself if it's not something you're interested in. Smile - Thanks for the great add on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Lifx Ambilight Addon for Kodi2