Req Improve the music view
(note: edited 2 Sep '16)

Hi All,

First off - this is a great distro. I love kodi - after struggling with "other" options, this one actually works! Secondly - I hate for my first post to be a request, but there you go...

I am mostly interested in the music-side: I ripped my CDs (974 albums, some 12000 tracks). The iPhone official remote app works, but is complicated. Would it be possible to make the layout more logical?

I'm thinking of:
1. when I select on "genre", the subsequent list is of artist-album. Would it be possible to have artist first, and then clicking on the artist, see the albums? Alternatively, have the floating letter menu on the right, as is in Artist or Album views. This would shorten the list (e.g. I have 42 Beethoven albums and plenty of Bach, Bellini, Berg and Bernstein - it takes a while to get to C and other letters)
2. when I start playing an album, to change the volume I click on the gears and then change it. Could there be a different view that has the volume already present? To change the volume from a different view means getting back to "now playing" which can be many swipes away
3. can we make radio stations more easily available? Right now it's Music from the main menu, then the three dots, then radio, then my stations... That's a long way away
4. similarly, going from anywhere to turning off the Raspberry pi takes quite a few swipes - can that be made more efficient?
5. lastly, why is the listing of albums in the artist view not alphabetical?

Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improve the music view0