• 1(current)
Mod Holiday Mod v3.0 for Aeon MQ 7
The new version of the Holiday Mod is ready to go!

Holiday Mod v3.0

Holiday background images

Installation Instructions

Location of skin files per OS...
Android - Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq7
Linux - /home/yourusername/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq7
Mac - /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Kodi/
Windows - C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7

1. Extract the files from holidaymod_v3.0.zip to the corresponding skin.aeonmq7 subfolders.
2. Install the Skin Themes addon for AEON MQ 7, then extract the files from MQ7_background_images.zip to resource.images.skinthemes.aeonmq/resources (located in the same addons folder as skin.aeonmq7). Also, you must have the MQ Themes addon installed in order for the themes in the download to work.

If you would like to install the mod without overwriting your files, I included <!--* HOLIDAY MOD *--> markers at the top and bottom of all the code I added.

Everything seems to be working fine...and I didn't have to include a new Textures file this time. Let me know if you run into any problems. Enjoy! Big Grin
Excellent!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
You my friend are a genius! Love it!

but i have to ask... What am I doing wrong. I get everything but the "Falling items". Pictures show, font shows, but why cant i get the snow or leaves to fall. When I select under the "Holiday Settings" i get nothing in the main menu. I used the <--- Holiday Mod ---> since i am using another MQ7 mod.

Any ideas?
Thank you latts9923 for this great mod Smile
(2016-09-04, 06:43)win88ice2004 Wrote: You my friend are a genius! Love it!

but i have to ask... What am I doing wrong. I get everything but the "Falling items". Pictures show, font shows, but why cant i get the snow or leaves to fall. When I select under the "Holiday Settings" i get nothing in the main menu. I used the <--- Holiday Mod ---> since i am using another MQ7 mod.

Any ideas?

Move the holiday folder into the media folder.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Just amazing Latts Big Grin Cant thank you enough for great work keep it up Smile
(2016-09-04, 11:15)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-09-04, 06:43)win88ice2004 Wrote: You my friend are a genius! Love it!

Any ideas?

Move the holiday folder into the media folder.

Perfect! Worked like a charm! Thanks all! Great Mod!
Thanks for the kind words fellas!
I found some extraneous code I forgot to remove. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems, but I wanted to let you know.

In IncludesVariables.xml, find

Code:
<variable name="value_menutheme_settings">
<!--*   HOLIDAY MOD   *-->
<value condition="SubString(skin.string(theme),halloween)">special://addons/resource.images.skinthemes.aeonmq/resources/halloween/settings</value>
##<value condition="!Skin.HasSetting(mytheme)">$VAR[value_skinthemes_path]settings.jpg</value>
##<value condition="Skin.HasSetting(mytheme)">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMyTheme),,settings]</value>
<!--*   HOLIDAY MOD   *-->
</variable>

and replace with

Code:
<variable name="value_menutheme_settings">
<value condition="!Skin.HasSetting(mytheme)">$VAR[value_skinthemes_path]settings.jpg</value>
<value condition="Skin.HasSetting(mytheme)">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMyTheme),,settings]</value>
</variable>
Total newb here, love the themes but how you you install it? I watched the video but the themes seem to be already installed.
@jmacd27

What OS are you wanting to install this on?
Sorry, Android on a Nvidia shield.
@jmacd27

I suggest you make copies of your existing files before you start editing or overwriting them as described in Step 2.

Step 1) Download the skin theme addon (if you haven't already) like I showed you in the Youtube video.

Step 2) I've never messed with the NVIDIA Shield, but it should be similar to the Fire TV Stick. If you can install FTPDroid (in the Google Play Store) onto your Shield, you can then start an FTP Server that will allow you to access the filesystem with any FTP software package. Once you are connected, you need to navigate to Android>data>org.xbmc.kodi>files>.kodi>addons>skin.aeonmq7. Inside this folder you will see the folders named 1080i, fonts, language and media. The same folders are in the Holiday Mod zip file. For the files in the 1080i folder, you can simply overwrite your existing files with the ones I provided, or you can search each of my files for the <!--* HOLIDAY MOD *--> marker (I placed one above and below all the code I added to the files...some files have more than one area of new code, so make sure and find them all), and then copy and paste into your existing files exactly where I have them in mine. In the fonts folder, copy the three font files into your fonts folder. In the language folder, overwrite your resource.language.en_gb folder with the one I provided. In the media folder, copy the holidays folder into your media folder.

Step 3) For your background images, navigate to Android>data>org.xbmc.kodi>files>.kodi>addons>resource.images.skinthemes.aeonmq>resources, and paste the christmas, halloween and thanksgiving folders located in the background images zip file here.

You should be good to go after that. If you're going to attempt to manually edit the files, just take your time and make sure and find all the instances of the <!--* HOLIDAY MOD *--> marker.
Doh...I just noticed I forgot to put the holidays folder into the media folder before I created the zip file. The file has now been updated to reflect this change.
Great, thanks for the tutorial. I'll give it a try later when I have time.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Holiday Mod v3.0 for Aeon MQ 72