Music library WAV file missing files and incorrect Albums
Several Problems with the Music library
Is there a way to rebuild the library or fully rescan.?

I have rescanned several times and am not getting good results. Kodi thinks I have a lot of compilation albums based on original album tracks that I do have. I don't have the LZ Mothership compilation ablum but kodi has listed it, and place track I do own in it

It is also missing many tracks. There seems to be no pattern in what is there and what is missing.

For example
Led Zeppelin Presence
NO track 1, although this file exists
02. Led Zeppelin – For your Life

The second one is from the bonus disk. To order them I set the Tracking name template set as D%S T%N. %A - %T which if I’m reading this right should give “D01 T02. Led Zeppelin – For your Life”

Music in WAV files on a Qnap nas ts541a. I’m sure I have tagged correctly, they were well organized in Media Monkey and then in reading kodi support I used musicbrianz to redo the tags.

Any guidance appreciated. Thanks, Jon..
Because .wav files have no metadata.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
While you're right nickr the WAV containers weren't designed with the ability to tag in mind, various software have added the ability to place tags in WAV containers. However since the methods are not completely standised reading that metadata in an application other than the one used to created that metadata can produce variable results. I think the ability to read metadata in a certain format from WAV containers was added to Kodi after a long forum discussion, will have to see if I can dig the information.

Certainly WAV are the least portable music container format so should be avoided.
Here is the PR that added it https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3982

Going by that they must be id3 tags.

To jawnoble, the only way someone is going to see whats going on is if you create a debug log_file (wiki) of you adding and scanning an example album to the Library.
I don't have problems with .wav.
Tagging with mp3tag (id3v2.4)
At least, for me and for what I'm trying to understand right now, the problems are with the "databases".
For example, I can fill all fields manually, but a simple ID (from álbum or artist) that appears, wreaks havoc. Even with the options disabled in Kodi. I mean, I can manually fill all fields of artists like I want, but if it remains the id of musicbrainz about this ... that's the problem.

Forget my problem (I'm just discovering). But pay attention to programs that use "databases", because sometimes, for example, they are only 3 songs on a album that "match" in lenght, etc. with this "database", and just fill tags in those 3 tracks. I hope you understand my poor english.

I wanted to say that the tags in .wav work ok in kodi.
(2016-09-04, 11:01)jjd-uk Wrote: While you're right nickr the WAV containers weren't designed with the ability to tag in mind, various software have added the ability to place tags in WAV containers. However since the methods are not completely standised reading that metadata in an application other than the one used to created that metadata can produce variable results. I think the ability to read metadata in a certain format from WAV containers was added to Kodi after a long forum discussion, will have to see if I can dig the information.

Certainly WAV are the least portable music container format so should be avoided.

Thank you for updating/correcting my knowledge!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is the OP still around? Have you got any further?

(2016-09-04, 04:08)jawnoble Wrote: Is there a way to rebuild the library or fully rescan.?
Remove the music source(s) from Music>Files context menu. Clean the database from Settings, and check that the other settings are what you want. Add music source(s) from Music>Files and from context menu click to scan to library.

Quote:I have rescanned several times and am not getting good results. Kodi thinks I have a lot of compilation albums based on original album tracks that I do have. I don't have the LZ Mothership compilation ablum but kodi has listed it, and place track I do own in it

It is also missing many tracks. There seems to be no pattern in what is there and what is missing.

For example
Led Zeppelin Presence
NO track 1, although this file exists

The second one is from the bonus disk. To order them I set the Tracking name template set as D%S T%N. %A - %T which if I’m reading this right should give “D01 T02. Led Zeppelin – For your Life”

Music in WAV files on a Qnap nas ts541a. I’m sure I have tagged correctly, they were well organized in Media Monkey and then in reading kodi support I used musicbrianz to redo the tags.

The unexpected albums will be due to how Picard has tagged the tracks that you have. It has probably identified than as being from an album, and Kodi is using that data.

Unlike video the music library does not use the filename to identify track number or artist name etc., regardless of what you do with the template settings. It only uses the tags.

I didn't know that WAV files could be tagged either (learrned something), and persoanlly I would convert them to a different format like FLAC (which is lossless but compressed). But what you are experiencing with the library will be down to how the files are tagged.
DaveB, Many thanks for the information on rescan. That's what I was looking for. It's re-building now. Oddly even though I removed the source from Music Files, and Photos, and Music Library and did a Clean from Setting my music was still listed and playable. I exited Kodi and went in again and the library started rebuilding.
I'm now away for a long weekend.
Will be in touch. Thanks again for the info.
Humm..... that could have been a cache issue, data not in library any more but still listing. Report back later.
Yes, Hi. On a lark I converted the album to flac (via medimonkey - I'm hoping no loss in quality?) Library scanned on next start and the tracks appeared correct, but I now twice. Once with the missing track mentioned above, and the second time with the D01 T01 annotation I set up. The wav files for this album no longer exist, they have been replace by the flac files. I removed the references to the qnap nas, so as far as I can see I have no reference to my data files any where, yet I can still play them. Thanks for your help.
FLAC is a lossless format, much used by audiophiles, no worries.

I'm not sure I understand how you are playing file that don't exist, but I suggest that you clean the library (settings > muisc advanced level I think).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library WAV file missing files and incorrect Albums0