Cannot remove movies/tv shows from library
Hi,

Using Kodi 16.1

So I have HTPC box hooked up on TV, and recently I also added NFS share from local Synology box.

I had movies and tv shows from Synology show in Kodi library via NFS. Now I decided I don't wanna have those videos anymore inside Kodi (I turned off Synology). However, I am not able to make those movies/tv shows disappear anyhow from Kodi.

I removed NFS share from sources.

I updated library.

I even completely removed local Movies source and TV sources alltogether and added them back.... Still the same, those movies and tv shows from synology NFS share still show up!. When I click to play them, Kodi hangs up.

I also tried Cleaning the library, and when I start, it it just stays there forever, never moving past start....

Any help? How can I remove these unnesecary movies/tv shows ?

Thanks!
Got the same issue: seems that "clean the library" does not work at all

What I do: right click on the movie/TV show, then select manage and finally choose delete from library

But would be cool if Kodi team have a look on that
Moanbag is in da place!
There's no indication from either of you as to what iteration of Kodi you have. It would be nice to have a proper debug log (you have to turn it on) posted to a public pastebin and linked back to this thread. debug log (wiki)

Usually a system clean will do it, but in cases were you are toasting the entire library and contents, then I would recommend a fresh start as per my sig. If you've got a lot of add-ons and accumulated a lot of thumb crud, that will slow the clean up to a crawl. Check out http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112 then do your settings>video>clean if that fails follow up that debug log here.
It would have been with pleasure but it won't be possible for me to do it on a clean fresh install of Kodi

Most part of standard Estuary skin are unusable for me on my 21:9 screen since they made a change in the skin to try to make it work properly on 21:9 screens (funny, isn't it?)

So just for information, I use latest Krypton nightly on windows 10 Anniversary Update
Moanbag is in da place!
In case it could help, I did it with my current installation: windows 10 + latest krypton nightly + estuary MOD + add-ons needed by estuary MOD

Here is what I did:
-remove Grimm folder from my TVshows folder
-start Kodi
-go to settings to clean the library
-Grimm still appears in my TV shows library in Kodi
-Then I do an "update library"
-Grimm folder was recreated by Kodi in my TV shows folder

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/v3q8f7wJ
Moanbag is in da place!
In your log D:\Séries\Grimm\' does not exist - skipping scan.

I'm wondering if you have something else video in that folder, is that folder really gone? (is the library local or on a NAS?) The beta nature of Krypton at this point is most likely the issue and it might be useful to put a ticket in the bugtracker.
(2016-09-04, 18:42)PatK Wrote: In your log D:\Séries\Grimm\' does not exist - skipping scan.

I'm wondering if you have something else video in that folder, is that folder really gone? (is the library local or on a NAS?) The beta nature of Krypton at this point is most likely the issue and it might be useful to put a ticket in the bugtracker.

I remove the Grimm folder from my TVshows folder myself before starting Kodi so I am sure it wasn't there anymore

It's a local library (it's on a HDD in my computer)

The weirdest thing is that Kodi recreate the Grimm folder on my HDD if I try to update library
Moanbag is in da place!
Bit odd, always follow a deletion with a clean-up, then Kodi should eliminate all stray data tied to it if there's no video in the folder. Something is amiss, let's see if it's just this installation or something common, a bit of patience here might be needed.
OK, so the regular "Clean library" actually worked for me yesterday... But it had to work for 4-5 hours to complete the job! Very slow.
(2016-09-05, 12:59)zoki123 Wrote: OK, so the regular "Clean library" actually worked for me yesterday... But it had to work for 4-5 hours to complete the job! Very slow.
Check out http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112 this has straigtened the clean time for a lot of users, not sure how well it works on Krypton yet, but it looks like work has been done in that area.
Seems like I'm the only one left with a clean library issue...
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-09-05, 15:23)Gracus Wrote: Seems like I'm the only one left with a clean library issue...
Perhaps, try the software in that link let us know how it worked out.
Just try with a full stock Kodi and it Works
Seems to be coming from something in estuary MOD....

So here I am:

-Standard estuary is ugly and unusable on some parts with my 21:9 screen
-No alternative skin is working properly on Kodi v17
-last stable version of Kodi is not so "stable"
Moanbag is in da place!
Well Kodi is user driven and tested, be part of the team. so if you have complaints, now is the time to make them public. BTW: what is your pixel count...1920x1080 or?? (square pixels?) tried Transparency! yet.Leave your missives to the skinners and leave debug logs for most. Might be good to get behind this guy. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289449
(2016-09-06, 15:46)PatK Wrote: Well Kodi is user driven and tested, be part of the team. so if you have complaints, now is the time to make them public. BTW: what is your pixel count...1920x1080 or?? (square pixels?) tried Transparency! yet.Leave your missives to the skinners and leave debug logs for most. Might be good to get behind this guy. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289449

My screen is 2560x1080 (21:9)

So all is stretched or cropped (but at least usable) in Kodi du to the fact it is made for 16:9 screens only
Video play on the good AR

I report it
Something has been changed in estuary that fucked up the 21:9 thing even more

I report the new situation
Nothing has been changed in estuary since...
Moanbag is in da place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot remove movies/tv shows from library0