v17 Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update
I'm having also that similar issue with Win10/64bit, latest Updates, nVidia GTX650TI-GPU, SSD 16GB RAM and a SSD.

Kodi 16 runs fine - latest updates Kodi 17 have all this Problems.

[Milhouse builds works fine on the RaspberryPi]

THX for your work on the testbuilds.
Just updated to latest 17 nightly (sept 30) and still have horrible stutter with hardware acceleration on. Works fine with it off or with it on and refresh on start/stop off or on and in full screen window mode.

i7 920
12gb ram
660Ti
Win 10
Latest drivers and Win updates
After playing with different settings I have mitigated the issue, but I expect the root cause of the change in behavior is still in the Windows 10 update.

1. Acceleration: Disable Hardware Acceleration
2. Acceleration: Set the render method to DXVA
3. Playback: Adjust display refresh rate: Off
4. Sync playback to display: disabled

I still get some periodic pixilation of the playback, but it remains watchable.

Windows 10, 1607
ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated video using the January 2015 driver (latest)
Playing back recordings from my NextPVR DVR setup.
(2016-09-04, 18:59)Gracus Wrote: A little bit of reading: Forum Rules and Banned Add-ons and Repositories

No help from here as long as your Kodi is contaminated with this crap

It makes me laugh when people come here asking for help when they are in fact the ones causing so many issues for the amazing application that is Kodi...

come on Kodi find a way to BAN these addons at all
(2016-10-03, 09:39)jouster Wrote:
(2016-09-04, 18:59)Gracus Wrote: A little bit of reading: Forum Rules and Banned Add-ons and Repositories

It makes me laugh when people come here asking for help when they are in fact the ones causing so many issues for the amazing application that is Kodi...

It makes me laugh when people trying to be smart, but do not read the whole thread and just cherrypick the posts.
(2016-10-09, 20:25)oomek Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 09:39)jouster Wrote:

It makes me laugh when people trying to be smart, but do not read the whole thread and just cherrypick the posts.

I'm not cherry picking posts thanks very much.

I'm quoting posts that are going against what KODI is and destroying it from the inside. I therefore assume you are on the side of illegal streaming and not paying for your TV like a normal citizen. If you can't afford it, go without. It's very simple. I hope they crack down hard on all illegal streaming

Sent from my iPhone
Bump. Any idea what is causing this?

I have this issue on version 16 as well.
Just a guess, but maybe related to the game DVR feature? It was causing issues in some games for me (locking fps @ 30 etc,)
http://www.howto-connect.com/enable-and-...indows-10/
(2016-09-30, 23:55)SnakeEyes Wrote: Just updated to latest 17 nightly (sept 30) and still have horrible stutter with hardware acceleration on. Works fine with it off or with it on and refresh on start/stop off or on and in full screen window mode.

i7 920
12gb ram
660Ti
Win 10
Latest drivers and Win updates

Just updated to latest nightly and nvidia drivers. Still can not use "adjust refresh rate" feature without horrible stutter. Black screen bug also still present in full screen.
(2016-10-22, 16:44)darylo Wrote: Just a guess, but maybe related to the game DVR feature? It was causing issues in some games for me (locking fps @ 30 etc,)
http://www.howto-connect.com/enable-and-...indows-10/

I did this and uninstalled GeForce experience as it also has a dvr. Made no difference in full screen. In windowed mode I don't get stutter.
I'm still having the black screen on exit, reading around it seems to be something MS did as I found this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...d1f4c56ab3
I have tried all suggested fixes in that thread to no avail.

Definitely an issue with full screen exclusive mode, It does not happen on Jarvis. I guess the weird slight stutter and black screen are probably both related in some way. I'm away right now so can not provide logs but as soon as I am back I will. I'm afraid that the black screen on exit will not show anything though.
I fixed my issue.

I think the update somehow set the display mode in windows to 1080p@23hz......... changed the mode on the adapter to 1080p@60hz and things are back smooth!
(2016-10-12, 02:34)jouster Wrote:
(2016-10-09, 20:25)oomek Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 09:39)jouster Wrote: It makes me laugh when people come here asking for help when they are in fact the ones causing so many issues for the amazing application that is Kodi...

I'm not cherry picking posts thanks very much.

I'm quoting posts that are going against what KODI is and destroying it from the inside. I therefore assume you are on the side of illegal streaming and not paying for your TV like a normal citizen. If you can't afford it, go without. It's very simple. I hope they crack down hard on all illegal streaming

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Way to completely miss the point. The op never talked about banned add ons, and his logs didn't show any. That reply was just a reminder that was actually out of context too. You should follow the op advice.
So I am experiencing this issue also with a GTX 1050. The Adjust display refresh rate option seems to have the most noticeable effect, once I disable this playback is much smoother. Any updates on this issue and are the developers aware of the problem? I would go back to Kodi 16.1 but that version does not support HEVC hardware acceleration.

I also experience the black screen on exit while in full screen mode, and windowed mode does not exhibit this problem.
(2016-11-06, 01:26)Pillze Wrote: I'm still having the black screen on exit, reading around it seems to be something MS did as I found this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...d1f4c56ab3
I have tried all suggested fixes in that thread to no avail.

Oh I dealt with this one on my game forums!

Go into your display adapter properties and make sure your Refresh rate is set at 59 Mhz and not 60 Mhz!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update1