v17 Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update
(2017-02-11, 16:47)Intel1 Wrote: Hi, why when I deactivate hardware acceleration the Deinterlace method appears as unknown?

On the other hand, if I deactivate the hardware acceleration if I deploy the Deinterlace method.

Can that be the problem?

Thank you.
at first screenshot you have harware acceleration enabled. Unknown method it's ok.
at second screenshot ffmepg deintelacer works (read as software). it's ok also
Okay, so what can be the problem with video stuttering that used to work well on kodi 16?

I'm trying out local videos and I get the problem.

Thank you.
your device may has no enough CPU resources when hardware decoding is disabled. otherwise it may be a driver issue.
Hello, as I said earlier in kodi 16 it worked without problems.

I have a core i3 with 8GB of RAM and the local videos are only SD. I have an nvidia gt730 with 2gb of ram and the nvidia drivers to January 2017.

The features, logs, problems and tests I have in this post:

Http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2521901

And the problem is when I have activated the hardware acceleration stuttering occurs.

But when deactivated the hardware acceleration works normal.

Thank you.
I'm having the same issue, jerky video with DXVA2 enabled, smoother (but still not perfect) with hardware accel disabled in 17.0. With 16.0 everything was perfectly smooth with DXVA2. I have a fairly old motherboard with integrated ATI/AMD HD3200 graphics, running on Win7x64. Currently also works perfectly smooth with external players (MPC-HC and ZoomPlayer) and hardware acceleration.

My guess is that there's not going to be much relief going forward for older hardware. I believe the rendering system for Kodi 17 was rewritten to be compliant with Directx 11 for newer hardware, with backward compatibility for older Directx9 hardware that "is-what-it-is".

Drivers for my legacy video card have not been updated since 2013.

It would be great if it continued to work with newer versions forever into the future, but I can understand that progress means certain things become obsolete.

It would also be great if this truly was a simple glitch in the newer renderer that the Dev's could discover and fix, but I don't hold much hope for that. Most likely will need to update to more modern hardware to use DXVA2 going forward.

Cheers
TRJB
I have a slightly different problem. Kodi17 does not switch the TV to 25p and 29p mode, it switches to 50P and 60P, respectively. 23P and 24P without problems.
(2017-02-15, 16:40)etgerg Wrote: I have a slightly different problem. Kodi17 does not switch the TV to 25p and 29p mode, it switches to 50P and 60P, respectively. 23P and 24P without problems.
For 25 fps you would expect 50hz, similarly for 29.97 fps you would expect 60hz which it sounds like it's doing unless I'm mistaken?
(2017-02-15, 16:44)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 16:40)etgerg Wrote: I have a slightly different problem. Kodi17 does not switch the TV to 25p and 29p mode, it switches to 50P and 60P, respectively. 23P and 24P without problems.
For 25 fps you would expect 50hz, similarly for 29.97 fps you would expect 60hz which it sounds like it's doing unless I'm mistaken?

But madVR switches to 25 Hz and 29.97 Hz without problem and TV reports about it. Kodi 17 don't switch Hz and I see microfreezes.
Awesome answers: it work fine in kodi 16 but no in 17 - you have no resources (with a PC with 8gb RAM, some GHz)

Kodi 17 have some problem of frame skip that disappears when OSD is displayed.
(2017-02-14, 20:07)therealjoeblow Wrote: My guess is that there's not going to be much relief going forward for older hardware. I believe the rendering system for Kodi 17 was rewritten to be compliant with Directx 11 for newer hardware, with backward compatibility for older Directx9 hardware that "is-what-it-is".

I don't think it's just an older hardware issue - my system has an Intel Pentium G4500 (Skylake) with HD530 graphics (chosen specially for 23.976 and HD audio passthrough capabilities) and I still get stutter in Krypton 17.4. Jarvis is fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update1