TV Guide DVR
Based on the fantastic TV Guide addon from @primaeval this version includes my skin and other changes I find useful.

Version 0.0.3 is the latest release and can be found in My Repo

Quick Start

- Firstly assure you have an xmltv file setup for your channels, I recommend WebGrabPlus for this
- Goto to the addons settings (found in video addons) and point the correct setting to your guide.xml (or whatever it's called), select logos from xmltv if they are located there.
- On first start the epg shows all the channels as listed in the guide.xml with no links set. You can customise the channels by either disabling them or placing them elsewhere by selecting 'channels' from the context menu dialog (brought up by pressing the context key on a selected channel). Again on the context menu dialog set the link for the channel.

Key commands

- Whilst watching press left/right to bring up last played channel, select to play
- Whilst watching press 0 to play the lastplayed channel (no preview)
- Whilst watching press info to bring up the osd
- With the osd open press up/down to cycle through the channels, press select to play
- With the osd open press left/right to cycle through the programs for that channel
- Whilst watching press up/down to bring up the quick epg
- With the quick epg open press info to show the description, press info again to dismiss it
- On both epg's press context key to carry out various activities such as setting the stream for the channel, rearranging/dismissing channels, setting reminders
- In epg mode press 1- to show the selected channels listings, 2- to show what's on now only, 3- to show whats playing next only, 4- to search, 5- to view reminders, 6- for autoplays

Cheers
Version 0.0.5 is now in the repo with mostly tweaks here and there, episode/season parsing is enabled for the epg for users using mdb processing.

version 0.0.5
- Bug fixes

version 0.0.4
- Episode/Season parsing for xmltv with mdb processing
- skin fixes

Hi im85288,

I am new to this so forgive my stupid question.

I have an Android MXQ tv box. I have installed Kodi Jarvis 16.1.

How can I get what you are showing above the epg and preview.

I have trying for few days and still don't know to achieve that.

Any help is appreciated.
@sahm99 - So you got yourself a box and you then installed banned add-ons (wiki) onto it. At which point any kind of support or help here ceased, as your device is now in violation of our forum rules (wiki) on piracy.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-09-10, 16:48)DarrenHill Wrote: @sahm99 - So you got yourself a box and you then installed banned add-ons (wiki) onto it. At which point any kind of support or help here ceased, as your device is now in violation of our forum rules (wiki) on piracy.

What do you mean banned add-ons ?
Version 0.0.6 is now in the repo.

Just a little tweek in the highlighted colour

@sahm99 - please delete the comment where you mention the addons you installed, they are banned add-ons as @DarrenHill mentioned. No support will be given for banned addons. Thank you.
(2016-09-10, 16:53)im85288 Wrote: Version 0.0.6 is now in the repo.

@sahm99 - please delete the comment where you mention the addons you installed, they are banned add-ons as @DarrenHill mentioned. No support will be given for banned addons. Thank you.

Thanks for the help. As I said I am new to all of this, hence not sure what is banned and what is not.

May I know which Repo is it?
@sahm99 - Read the links in my post.

We do not condone or support piracy here, nor do we allow discussions of 3rd party add-ons which make use of illegally sourced pirated media. The two add-ons you mentioned (Exodus and Clu IPTV) both fall into that category and invalidate any support here.

You may also care to read this blog and also perhaps this one for more details of the risks you may be taking and the damage you are helping to do to Kodi.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
im85288 is there a way to have this just use my channels from mediaportal or do i have to manually match each channel with that from my EPG data?
(2016-09-10, 16:59)DarrenHill Wrote: @sahm99 - Read the links in my post.

We do not condone or support piracy here, nor do we allow discussions of 3rd party add-ons which make use of illegally sourced pirated media. The two add-ons you mentioned (Exodus and Clu IPTV) both fall into that category and invalidate any support here.

You may also care to read this blog and also perhaps this one for more details of the risks you may be taking and the damage you are helping to do to Kodi.

OK, got it.

Is there a list showing the proper add-on's ?
No.

Anything in the built-in Kodi official repo is fine, but beyond that it's all 3rd party and at your discretion (and risk).

Basically though if an add-on provides sources (tv shows, channels or movies) for free that you'd normally have to pay for, or that are otherwise "too good to be true" (e.g. movies that are still in theatres) then you can be fairly sure that the sources are not legitimate, and we won't support them here.

Also we do not support any builds or wizards/installers here, aside from those produced by Team Kodi members.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-09-10, 18:01)DarrenHill Wrote: No.

Anything in the built-in Kodi official repo is fine, but beyond that it's all 3rd party and at your discretion (and risk).

Basically though if an add-on provides sources (tv shows, channels or movies) for free that you'd normally have to pay for, or that are otherwise "too good to be true" (e.g. movies that are still in theatres) then you can be fairly sure that the sources are not legitimate, and we won't support them here.

Also we do not support any builds or wizards/installers here, aside from those produced by Team Kodi members.

Ok. Thanks.
(2016-09-10, 16:53)im85288 Wrote: Version 0.0.6 is now in the repo.

I managed to install the repo from the zip file. And I think I was able to go to add-ons and enable it under the name Script-TV Guide PVR.
But still I am not sure how to use it. What do I do next to be able to view the channels using it ?
Version 0.0.7 is now in the repo

This version will retrieve extra artwork for movies (make sure the category in xmltv is 'movie') such as the clearlogo/landscape image. In addition it will also retrieve the rotten tomatoes ratings and consensus for the movie too.

version 0.0.7
- addon now found under video addons
- fanart tv used for retrieving movie artwork
- omdb used for retrieving rotten tomatoes ratings/consensus for movies

(2016-09-10, 17:45)komplex Wrote: im85288 is there a way to have this just use my channels from mediaportal or do i have to manually match each channel with that from my EPG data?

I am not 100% to be honest, I use it with the xmltv guide produced by webgrab plus.

(2016-09-10, 18:28)sahm99 Wrote: I managed to install the repo from the zip file. And I think I was able to go to add-ons and enable it under the name Script-TV Guide PVR.
But still I am not sure how to use it. What do I do next to be able to view the channels using it ?

Once installed the first thing to do is go to the settings and point it at your xmltv guide (I recommend webgrab plus for creating this), after that launch the addon and when selecting a channel it will guide you to choose the source. If you have a Kodi LIve TV backend such as TVHeadEnd you can use the m3u list it produces.
What i mean is can i only assign channels using a m3u file or can it be done using pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver_738.pvr

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide DVR1