QNAP to remove Kodi due to License issues
(2017-08-03, 12:37)HAASQNAP Wrote: can anyone helpHuh?

can you please explain me what exactly are you trying to achieve?

You wolud like to add KODI on the desktop of HD Station?
Or which desktop are you talking about?
When Im trying to install Kodi manually from HD station, it doesn't appear on the main desktop. It only appears in the HD applications as a disable or remove option(not accessible). It's like its installed but it's not appearing on the main desktop to access for use. currently using 4.3.3 and HD 3.1C. With 4.2 I didn't have this problem. It's not appearing in either the HD desktop or the main desktop No matter what version it is, it will not install.
This is very strange, a specific issue of yours, something i doubt anyone here can helps you fix. My suggestion is to register on QNAP forum and reply to the thread i've linked, father_mande is very skilled and probably is the only guy that can help you
Ok Benna, I will do that. Only, I dont see a link, and I thought I was already registered. Do I have to register to a specific forum or is it a forum that father_mande runs himself? Forgive my ignorance. Thanx
all the files are being installed here: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Wesnoth. If that helps any.
(2017-08-06, 15:36)HAASQNAP Wrote: Ok Benna, I will do that. Only, I dont see a link, and I thought I was already registered. Do I have to register to a specific forum or is it a forum that father_mande runs himself? Forgive my ignorance. Thanx

Here the link to the thread
https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=132953

It's on the official QNAP forum so you'll have to register

BTW, the path you've entered above, what is exactly?
Kodi runs under .qpkg/Kodi in the official version, but the father_mande edition for example runs under .qpkg/mykodi.
that's where all my apps are being installed to according to the log file.
OK guys, problem solved!!!!! Turned out that I had a bad HDMI cable. When I upgraded the firmware all settings were reset and it was like a fresh install so when I changed inputs on the Denon, HD station could not be seen. Just a blank screen... I should've known better. Apps within HD station are only for use with HDMI inputs... Duh!! Spent all of last weekend troubleshooting due to a silly $10 cable!!! AAAAAAAArgh!!!! anyway thanks to all for your help...
(2017-08-10, 00:59)HAASQNAP Wrote: OK guys, problem solved!!!!! Turned out that I had a bad HDMI cable. When I upgraded the firmware all settings were reset and it was like a fresh install so when I changed inputs on the Denon, HD station could not be seen. Just a blank screen... I should've known better. Apps within HD station are only for use with HDMI inputs... Duh!! Spent all of last weekend troubleshooting due to a silly $10 cable!!! AAAAAAAArgh!!!! anyway thanks to all for your help...

Nice, glad you fixed the problem Smile

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
@HAASQNAP glad your issue has been solved.

This has turned into support for a Qnap device, best moved to 'other'
I'm on TS-251+ with kodi 16 and working great except for skin. Can't change skin, download fails after 98%. I would like to do a kodi clean addons and repos and can't find a way to do a reset. Any ideas guys? And where can i find kodi 16 for download? Tnks guys

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QNAP to remove Kodi due to License issues3