Win Enabling Zeroconf causes Kodi 17 beta 1 to crash
Hello, i have the android version, zeroconf is not in general, french version ...
ImageHello, i have the android version, zeroconf is not in general, french version ...
I hace the latest version of Kodi 17 and still crashes when i try to enable zerconfig.
Same problem with windows 10 crashes when attempt to turn on
I never understood how a feature and the code that supports it functions perfectly in one version and then in the next it's totally hosed and breaks. Nothing else changes, the operating system doesn't change, the hardware doesn't change, the only thing that changes is the app. Yet it breaks. You would think the developers could just find the code responsible for the function that broke and run a differential comparison between the current code and the Previous code and look for the differences.

Sent from my XT1575
Etyrnal yes in theory it's that simple, however the code base is not in prime condition so unrelated changes can break features, worse so if it's features that nobody on the team actively uses.
Ofc we try to not break things or at least fix it when it happens. On Windows changes in bonjour/iTunes versions can cause issues that are hard to predict.

Not meant as an excuse, just some insight.
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
New Windows 10 installation and no ITunes installed this time. I get this crash too now. Guess I must wait for next update?

No big deal though, because this new computer has a remote control and Kodi picks up on it without me having to do anything, which was nice!
it would be helpful if anyone experiencing this issue on windows can share a crash dump.

In explorer, go to the address bar and go to %appdata%\kodi and there should be one or several .dmp files there, grab them all and upload somewhere and I'll try to analyze and see if we can get it fixed.
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
Hi Paxxi, perhaps review this link, this guy provided some logs and details.
sadly too old, the dump file link is dead
Same behaviour I'm seeing (windows 10 ent x64, fresh install). Tested with both Kodi 17.0 stable and 17.1 RC, Kodi crashes consistently (Windows popup this program has stopped working...) upon clicking on enable Zeroconf.
These are the last 2 line from the log:

07:58:38.220 T:5308 DEBUG: CInputManager:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
07:58:38.220 T:5308 NOTICE: starting zeroconf publishing

Also uploaded the crash dump here:

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/UcW3s06H/file.html
(2017-03-03, 10:08)Paxxi Wrote: Etyrnal yes in theory it's that simple, however the code base is not in prime condition so unrelated changes can break features, worse so if it's features that nobody on the team actively uses.
Ofc we try to not break things or at least fix it when it happens. On Windows changes in bonjour/iTunes versions can cause issues that are hard to predict.

Not meant as an excuse, just some insight.
I appreciate the explanation. is it the team's overall intention to fix the function?
Can't say for the team but I am looking at the windows issues at least
Here are my crash dumps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ykx9...G5lNEQ2cEU
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ykx9...UZvbFFWOTA
Same issue here. Kodi crashed immediately after I tried to toggle Zeroconf on (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and Kodi 17.1 stable, with Bonjour Service running in the background. Tried some basic stuff like turning antivirus off, booting into safe mode, running as system admin, etc but no luck for me.

The same feature works fine on another Win7 machine running Kodi 17.0.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabling Zeroconf causes Kodi 17 beta 1 to crash2