• 5(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
I'm having the same sound drop issue with beta2 and the shield. It seems to happen most often when playing from a paused state. If you disable passthrough audio for the media, it works fine (as PCM which is not desirable).

Btw, thanks for all you guys are doing to make this work! It is very much appreciated and I know there are MANY of us out there who are waiting for passthrough to make Kodi the perfect media player!
Video: JVC RS540 w/Anamorphic Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 HTM-200SE for Atmos / DTS:X
Sources: Nvidia Shield Pro / Xbox One X <||Theater Pics||>
I uploaded the log regarding the sound drop issue to
https://paste.ubuntu.com/23233778

Please note the the second playback in the log shows the problem quite good. The sound goes on and off every second.

Thanks for checking!
Tuner: DigitalDevices Octopus NET V2 S2 Max SAT>IP 8x
Server: DVBLogic V6 on Synology DS716+II DSM6
Client: Kodi17 on NvidiaShield AndroidTV
(2016-09-26, 17:35)ampeer Wrote: I uploaded the log regarding the sound drop issue to

Please note the the second playback in the log shows the problem quite good. The sound goes on and off every second.

Thanks for checking!

Please test with the Kodi posted in this thread previously.
http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/t...bi-v7a.apk
Can you disable surface rendering?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-09-26, 17:43)mo123 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 17:35)ampeer Wrote: I uploaded the log regarding the sound drop issue to

Thanks for checking!

Please test with the Kodi posted in this thread previously.
http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/t...bi-v7a.apk
How is that working for you?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:How is that working for you?

This is better. Not perfect though. The problem persists for about half a minute or max. one minute after starting the playback. But after that the sound is OK!

The Problem reappears after pause / play but recovers even more quickly after just a few (two or three) sound toggles.
That was for mo123 actually. The linked file should not change anything for you as nothing in that part of the code has changed. Try disabling surface rendering, please.
(2016-09-26, 18:03)fritsch Wrote: Try disabling surface rendering, please.

Sorry @fritsch, I don't know how to do that Sad Please advise.

Thanks,
Peer
Settings -> video player. Scroll down and disable mediacodec surface please.
Disabled surface rendering as you suggested but no change - problem persists.
Was worth a try. Open a trac ticket please for our new droid maintainer. I'd just disable passthrough if you can output lpcm, better sync.
Thanks @fritsch, will open a ticket. Just disabled passthrough and now use pcm.
nVIDIA Shield doesn't ouput anything on the LFE channel in LPCM mode. Something to keep in mind.
(2016-09-26, 20:13)wesk05 Wrote: nVIDIA Shield doesn't ouput anything on the LFE channel in LPCM mode. Something to keep in mind.

Is that a kodi fault? Or did someone report this to nvidia yet, not?
(2016-09-26, 21:21)fritsch Wrote: Is that a kodi fault? Or did someone report this to nvidia yet, not?
It is a nVIDIA fault. Apparently, it has been broken since update 2.1. For whatever reason it has gone unnoticed this long. A user has reported it to nVIDIA.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178