• 56(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
Haha, guess I'll go with the shitty version... >_<
What happened to the IEC probing and reverting to RAW on failure? Thought this will be pulled to Krypton branch? Does it work with Leia/master?
No. Was never meant for Krypton branch. You looked wrong. For Leia a different way of probing is considered, therefore the PR is on hold.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
On a Sony x8500E (2017) should I run the "shitty" version or the "RAW" one?? (I know - Sony should fix the FW so we don't need to do thisat all...) Sony is ARC'ed to a non-4K Onkyo AVR which can do pretty much all formats pre-atmos including multi-channel PCM. Understand all I can really hope for is AC3 @ 640??

At the moment running Shitty with AC3 passthrough and Transcode - rest no passthrough. Weirdest thing in that my AVR doesn't readily switches between format and only allows the volume to be set (HDMI-CEC) at the volume I start with (Cannot increase - can decrease and increase again but not passed the level it originally was set at)

Danke vielmals
No volume control when passthrough is active - that should be clear as PT is compressed audio that one does not simply change in volume.

ARC does not support multi-channel PCM - only 2 channels.

The shitty build tunnels PT audio in 100% volume 16 bit format. If AC3 works, DTS should also work.

You still need to set speakers to 2.0 (cause of your ARC) and you still need to enable Transcode (again as your ARC only allows 2.0 pcm channels).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Not wanting to control volume at the Kodi/Android level - would indeed be silly with a passthrough - but talking about HDMI-CEC control of the AVR volume. It works but behaves a bit strange when in passthrough mode. Must be the AVR getting confused by what comes in via ARC.

So If I understand correctly Kodi will transcode and subsequently forward over ARC to the AVR. Transcoding is needed to overcome the problem with 640kb AC3 which the Sony FW doesn't like. Sounds like a strange interpretation of the word passthrough - which normally means "don't touch - just forward"

Anyway - it works as advertised and maybe one day the Sony folk will do a proper implementation. I heard O will come to the new Sony's later in the year - fingers x-ed!

thnx
No - You mix up everything.

Kodi outputs AC3 as is -> passthrough.
Kodi transcodes every other multichannel content (would not fit through your 2.0 ARC) and encodes that to AC3 5.1 and outputs it.

As some TVs are even more broken (yours for example) - they don't accept passthroughed AC3 > 448 kbit/s - kodi _can_ with yet another workaround by using Sync Playback to Display additionall to even reencode input AC3 streams.

Everything you get is done cause of the broken TV firmware you have. Workarounds for workarounds .... on "normal" hardware. Kodi will passthrough all available PT-Streams right away without touching anything.
(2017-06-17, 22:34)fritsch Wrote: No. Was never meant for Krypton branch. You looked wrong. For Leia a different way of probing is considered, therefore the PR is on hold.

Any idea when it will happen? The last Shield update says it supports IEC passthrough
How is that related? We use IEC on the shield since more than 6 months now.
What's the correct build for FireTV 1? I tried kodi-20170616-5d84003-shitty-armeabi-v7a.apk but the sound is super slowed down and glurpy sounding. Log file here:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24977584/
Your audio is configured totally wrong. Set speaker numbers to 2.0
(2017-06-29, 20:32)fritsch Wrote: Your audio is configured totally wrong. Set speaker numbers to 2.0

Thanks. Didn't fix anything so I just started trying other builds. notsoshitty worked for me.
Perfect. So you can just use normal Kodi then.
Ok, so AMLogic is Shite!

I have an M8S+ box with AMLogix, & I dont get the option to disable DTS (AC3 and Transcodeing enabled, 2.0).

Sound like I have no way out, and dont want to put an out of Date shitty build in (couldn't get the .apk to load anyway)

So,

What do I go buy to ensure I get past this, what do I need to look for from a chip perspective. Audio passthrough is an absolute must. I would like something fairly new so that I know I will be able to support Android latest and greatest + more. Something that is definitely 4K capable at high framerates. Most new boxes look to use the later AMLogic chips, should these be trusted? what about the Rockchip RK3399 ?

I'm hoping I don't need to get a pricey model.

Thanks - Matthew.
Reset all audio settings - select only the passthrough options required - don't mess with anything else, Ensure Expert is enabled in Bottom Left as well.

Next TIP: depending on what AML Chipset you have S812, S905 etc - many people are using LibreELEC Kodi Krypton, running entirely from an external SD card in a dual boot configuration to use Kodi properly. You will not want to run Android Kodi ever again. Wink

Otherwise have fun with workarounds, installing, testing, swearing. Then you go and buy another cheap crap Android Firmware box and the buggy cycle repeats itself.
STAY AWAY FROM ROCKCHIP.

You need to read this Post that lists which Android Boxes have proper Android Kodi Krypton, audio passthrough support.
Stop buying Android rubbish or simply use LibreELEC.

• 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178