• 69(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
(2018-01-03, 18:55)Tommy9999 Wrote: I found in log, that Firmware implements AC3 RAW
Firmware implements EAC3 RAW

So, this is Philips Android software failure to support DTS? I need to wait for an Philips update?

Here is full logfile:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26313844/
 Alternatively: Read the first page and use the shitty build - with that you are on your own.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have a 2017 Shield.
I have it connected through an HDMI extractor (VHD-UHAE2) to Vizio p75-C1 and Onkyo TX NR636 AVR.
The reason for this extractor is because this AVR is lacking HDMI 2.0a required for HDR. So its like a splitter that's sending video to the TV and audio to the AVR.
When playing any lossy audio the AVR is able to properly see either ACR or DTS.
However, when playing anything lossless it goes automatically to PCM 2.0
I have the settings in the Kodi v17 per the first post in this topic - but its not helping.

Initially i had the extractor properly send HDR10 to my TV, but i could not get the audio to work properly (as described above). Initially i thought the issue with the extractor, but their support was swearing that they don't do any decoding.
And after reading a bunch of forums, i tend to agree, that the issue is somewhere in the nvidia shield setting.
Could a bad HDMI cable be doing this?
Oh, and now, I am not getting HDR sent to the TV as well. In display and Audio setting of the Shield, the option to choose 4K with 10bit is gone.
So many components, i am not even which support needs to figure this out....
update: all above connections are made through HDMI
Quite easy: If it works without the extractor -> extractor's issue, else: another issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi,

I've been trying to get surround working on my system for the last 12 hours and I've tried about everything:

- optical out / HDMI (ACR)
- regular / shitty / notsoshitty builds
- all possible settings and combinations between Kodi audio settings and 

With the shitty version, I get a static sound on my receiver when playing a movie (with passthru configured with or without enabling transcoding) 
With the notsoshitty and the normal version when I enable transcoding I only hear surround sound (and no voices)
Without transcoding I only get 2 channels

Doe anyone have any idea what else I could try ?

my TV is a Sony KD65AD01 connected through ARC on a Yamaha HTR 4065

Anyone got any ideas ? I'm pretty desperate here ...

Thanks a lot for any tips !
Hi!

I have Philips andorid tv with android 6.0.1, and I expiriance problems with sound on some 480p video sources with aac 2.0 sound. Which bulid do you recommend to try from this page?

Thanks for help!

Regards,
q
update on my previous post: apparently the transcoding does work. I accidentally disconnected the cable of my center speaker on my many trial and error attempts ...
Hello
I have a sony xbr940e and am having the same problems with surround sound. Playing with it every day and always get sound its just PCM stereo. This is a new tv so there are no updates. I am sure its just a case of getting the right settings. I am real happy wit hthe program interface just would like the surround sound to work. KODI is a great program and I thank the developers for there hard work.
Sorry.I do not understand English as much as I should. i use google Translate.

i have Sony tv x850e > HDMI-ARC to Onkyo HT-R393 all passtrhrough is DD or PCM

how can i get DTS to AVR 
i don't understand i reinstall from this list   "http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/" 
so it's cannot sent DTS

Please explain as I understand it. step by step.

[email protected]
No DTS for you.
I didn't see this mentioned back on page 1 during the shitty build explanation, but it appears that on any version after 17.3, the option for DTS passthrough is no longer there on my Sony XBR65X850C running Marshmallow. Since I do not want to transcode to DD and have the best quality stream, is my only option to keep 17.3 and disable auto-updates on my Android TV? That's what I'm doing now, but it's obviously not ideal to have to manually update every other app that I have installed in order to keep myself locked at shitty 17.3 to have working DTS. Do I have any other option with my current setup? Will this situation be better or worse once Nougat finally rolls out to my model? My ears and speakers are never in danger since I always lower the volume on my receiver before starting a movie, and also I use Netflix to play a 5.1 stream before launching Kodi, which apparently keeps the bitstream properly initialized.
I'm having two problems with the "shitty" build that I just can't sort out.
1) dolby digital Plus doesn't work (E_AC3 or DD+)
2) AC3 5.1 from a live feed doesn't work.

In both cases I get audio that sounds like its been slowed down about 500%.
(2018-01-23, 16:25)koji00 Wrote: I didn't see this mentioned back on page 1 during the shitty build explanation, but it appears that on any version after 17.3, the option for DTS passthrough is no longer there on my Sony XBR65X850C running Marshmallow. Since I do not want to transcode to DD and have the best quality stream, is my only option to keep 17.3 and disable auto-updates on my Android TV? That's what I'm doing now, but it's obviously not ideal to have to manually update every other app that I have installed in order to keep myself locked at shitty 17.3 to have working DTS. Do I have any other option with my current setup? Will this situation be better or worse once Nougat finally rolls out to my model? My ears and speakers are never in danger since I always lower the volume on my receiver before starting a movie, and also I use Netflix to play a 5.1 stream before launching Kodi, which apparently keeps the bitstream properly initialized.
 Kodi reopens Audiotrack right away when it starts (and approximately 12 times during startup to check PT capabilities / PCM capabilities). So the effect you see here is another firmware bug. DTS is available on all properly crafted Android versions. When it's missing the FW refuses to open the stream, when we try to do so on startup.
(2018-01-23, 23:54)rcrh Wrote: I'm having two problems with the "shitty" build that I just can't sort out.
1) dolby digital Plus doesn't work (E_AC3 or DD+)
2) AC3 5.1 from a live feed doesn't work.

In both cases I get audio that sounds like its been slowed down about 500%.
 1) Yes - won't work when the sink does not support 192 khz
2) AC3 is disabled for live streams.

Set speakers to 2.0 and enable Dolby Transcoding. Also disable EAC3.
Quote:DTS is available on all properly crafted Android versions. When it's missing the FW refuses to open the stream, when we try to do so on startup.

Ok...I know that my Sony has buggy firmware, which is why I need to use the Shitty build. But Shitty 17.3 and below provides the DTS passthrough option and Shitty 17.4 and above apparently does not, and I'm not sure why.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178