• 70(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
Oh, and I see that my Sony now has an update to Nougat available. Has anyone else here tested Kodi with DTS and Nougat? Is it better or worse? I may just have to refuse OS and app updates from here on, as my setup with Shitty 17.3 works nearly perfectly.
What do you need from to fix the hisilicion chip to make it work with all the codecs is it sdk from the hisilicon or the some code android boxs makers. thanks im trying to get this is reficifed im in contact with box makes who are wiling work with kodi to get this is fixed. Hisilicon Hi3798MV200
(2018-02-05, 17:22)ismadder Wrote: What do you need from to fix the hisilicion chip to make it work with all the codecs is it sdk from the hisilicon or the some code android boxs makers. thanks im trying to get this is reficifed im in contact with box makes who are wiling work with kodi to get this is fixed. Hisilicon Hi3798MV200
 No need to work with anyone. Just implement Mediacodec and Audiotrack the way Android developer's documentation wants it - you can save your bucks for some homebrew SDK - we are in the century of well known standards and not private hacks.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch
When you get some free time please update first post is quiet outdated after Kodi 17.6 release and present stage of Kodi 18.
BTW missing explicit situation for Android SDK 25, 26, 27. Witch standard will used(follow) on Kodi 18 for audio HD passthrough?

Thanks for all yours great work.
I will close this thread.

IEC is used everywhere where available.
RAW if no IEC
Else nothing

@mods please close :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178