.nfo scraper ignoring season / episode number
Hi,

I posted a thread a few days ago at the Video section.

289496 (thread)

Haven't had much of a response, so thought I'd boil down into the fundamental issue that I'm having and post here.

I have the following TV Show folder structure that I'm hoping to scrape with a corresponding .nfo file for each episode.

Example:
Code:
Danger Mouse/Danger Mouse_20151006_0725.nfo
Danger Mouse/Danger Mouse_20151006_0725.ts

.nfo file contents:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
    <title>Danger Mouse_20151006</title>
    <showtitle>Danger Mouse</showtitle>
    <season>2015</season>
    <episode>1006</episode>
    <aired>2015-10-06</aired>
</episodedetails>

My problem is that Kodi is completely ignoring the season / episode data contained in the .nfo, and is assigning season / episode by the filename. Is this normal behaviour? For the above example, I'm getting:

Code:
Season 7 > Episode 25 (with correct episode title tag)
Season 201510 > Episode 06 (with correct episode title tag)

I've attempted some work with "cleanstrings" with a regex but with no success.

Any help would be most appreciated!
Do you have a directory above that named "Danger Mouse" and a tvshow.nfo in it and then the season directories with the actual episodes in ?

I did see your original post and thought about this at the time but forgot to respond on that occasion Sad
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-09-06, 13:53)black_eagle Wrote: Do you have a directory above that named "Danger Mouse" and a tvshow.nfo in it and then the season directories with the actual episodes in ?

I did see your original post and thought about this at the time but forgot to respond on that occasion Sad

Thanks for the reply...

Each TV show has its own folder (i.e. "Danger Mouse"), all episodes are then contained in this master folder. It's not possible for me to split the episodes into "season" folders as I'm reading the files from a separate DVR. I was hoping for Kodi to sort into season / episode from the .nfo files alone.

I am using a tvshow.nfo file that has been generated by a previous TheTVDB scrape. Sorry - failed to mention this as didn't want to cloud the issue. You've got me thinking though - would this .nfo file have any bearing on the information read in each episode .nfo?
To be honest, I'm not sure! I just know that all my shows are scraped by a third party program to create all the .nfo files, and then Kodi reads those in with its local scraper. They do all have a top level tvshow.nfo though so it may have some bearing.

A quick glance at the wiki would suggest that an episode should be named Danger Mouse_2015-10-06.ts with a similarly named .nfo file containing the episode details.
(2016-09-06, 14:34)black_eagle Wrote: To be honest, I'm not sure! I just know that all my shows are scraped by a third party program to create all the .nfo files, and then Kodi reads those in with its local scraper. They do all have a top level tvshow.nfo though so it may have some bearing.

A quick glance at the wiki would suggest that an episode should be named Danger Mouse_2015-10-06.ts with a similarly named .nfo file containing the episode details.

What's the third-party .nfo program that you're using out of interest?

Unfortunately, there's not much room for me to tweak the filenames as you have with the example above. I have to leave them as is, otherwise I would be risking the DVR itself not being able to playback the files.

My impression was that the filename / scraping mechanism was not important if using .nfo files - as long as they're named the same thing?
Ah - No. Wiki says that they have to follow the naming convention even if you are using .nfo files unless you use <tvshowmatching> with some regex in your advancedsettings.xml. See this in the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvepisodes

Mediaelch Smile
(2016-09-06, 15:50)black_eagle Wrote: Ah - No. Wiki says that they have to follow the naming convention even if you are using .nfo files unless you use <tvshowmatching> with some regex in your advancedsettings.xml. See this in the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvepisodes

Mediaelch Smile

Argh! Thanks - that'll be my problem then. Maybe I could try and figure out a regex to extract season / episode from YYYYMMDD and ignore the following "_0725".

Thanks again!
I wonder if you could symlink them to dummy files named correctly Huh
Yes! I had experimented a bit with symlinks with no success, but I was doing it the easy way by creating an "alias" with my Mac. Doing it properly in the terminal allows me to link to the target file with a correctly named symlink. Thank you!!!!
No problem. I kinda had to help, Danger Mouse was a firm favourite of mine when I was a teenager !!!
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction black_eagle. Was up 'till 2am figuring this out but have come up with a solution. It's posted here for anyone else who's interested:

2410151 (post)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.nfo scraper ignoring season / episode number0