Transcoding Proxy ?
Hi !

I have a Enigma2 compatible box which doesn't have enough CPU Power to transcode at a reasonable Quality. Therefore I'd like to put a "proxy" between my Box and the Client which gets the original Stream from the Box, transcodes it and passes it onto the Client.

I've googled a bit and found some transcoders which use ffmpeg and VLC but the "output" of those transcoders is not enigma2 compatible anymore so this plugin won't work..

Can someone please shed some light which tool i'd need to use ? Looking for something like a transparent proxy..

Thanks !

prop
No one ? Smile

How's everyone watching their TV remotely then ?
Emby for me.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Maybe I need to rephrase my problem as I can't believe no one is using his Enigma2 receiver as a source for Kodi.

When I'm transcoding with an external program like VLC or so the output is a normal VLC stream but the VU+ Plugin in Kodi expects a Enigma2 webinterface / API ..

So it works fine like this:

Enigma2 -> Vu+ Plugin -> Kodi

But not like this:

Enigma2 -> Transcoder -> ---

because the output of Transcoder is just a small, tiny webinterface which fetches the VLC stream..

So I'm looking for a VU+ Plugin compatible Transcoder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transcoding Proxy ?1