web surfing VIDEO sites on linux
I have done much reading on many forums and tried many diffent things but keep running into road blocks. I really want to goto some of the video sites LIKE youtube to watch videos. I have used the script for Youtube which works great but there are so many other sites I want to watch and limited scripts/plugins. So one of my thoughts was Linux. I tryed Linksboks which seemed out of date and didnt browse very well. I went to X-DSL but with such a old Firefox build I couldnt watch any videos at all (but the browser looked good other then that). Ive read about Gentoox but it had many options and VERY few ppl talk about it which makes me want to learn more b4 using it. Anyone got any ideas that could help a guy out or point me in the right direction.
If this is in violation in rules about post Sorry but just lookin for some help.
ThXConfused
Are you talking about a computer or an Xbox? This thread is for people running XBMC in Ubuntu. If that's the case just download Firefox
Well isnt X-DSL linux OS? It loads alot of stuff and has to unload when shutting down. I do think I want to run Linux off my xbox as long it can load that OS off a XBE so when i want to run it I click it it turns off Xbox OS and loads Linux. I hope I making sense. But I dont want to make it a linux box only I just want the option when I want to surf the net. I do have a 200 gig hdd so I have plenty of space.
This subforum is for XBMC on Linux, not Linux on the original xbox.
he might be trying to run xbmc in Linux on the xbox...?
clownshoes19 Wrote:he might be trying to run xbmc in Linux on the xbox...?

haha, haven't thought of that.

good times
@yabel, the XBMC Linux port is not designed to run on the original Xbox, and it will most likely never be supported on the original Xbox. If you got an Xbox then use the native Xbox branch (trunk) instead, it's always going to be 10 better than a Linux port of XBMC running on the original Xbox (because it go no overhead which a full Linux operating-system brings).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well why I was trying to use it was for watchin some web sites that show video. But most Linux apps were unable to hold browser updates or ran very slow due to Ram issues on xbox. So I gave up on using Linux and just used a couple scripts like Ut 2.0, Youtube, and Navi-X (i had to make a playlist not browse). Ive seen some plugins for a couple sites and added them to my xbox. I was just tryin to use 1 app/script for browsing many sites not using 1 script for each site since many sites dont have scripts.
The one site I really wanted a script for was funnyordie.com but nobody has created one. Thanks for comments and Great script offered on this site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
web surfing VIDEO sites on linux0